GDT: WSHCAR

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
9ENAPoNK_bigger.jpg
Kaily‏ @thedailykaily 3h3 hours ago

https://twitter.com/nhlgifs/status/1211092913909829632 …
pic.twitter.com/RKsmxvJARt
EM6rLbPXUAY5eKv.jpg

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
pFmgWle8_bigger.jpg
Roy Cooper‏Verified account @RoyCooperNC 29m29 minutes ago

When walking our dog Ben today, I came across 2 guys wearing Caps sweaters in downtown Raleigh. Told them I hoped they were enjoying our state but that they would likely be disappointed tonight because our
@Canes had their number.
They laughed.
I enjoyed the game tonight.
#leadership

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Foegele records four points in 6-4 win over Caps

by Michael Smith @MSmithCanes / CarolinaHurricanes.com
The Carolina Hurricanes upended the top team in the league, defeating the Washington Capitals, 6-4, in the first game of a season-long, seven-game homestand.
Warren Foegele led the way offensively with a four-point performance (2g, 2a), with both goals and an assist coming in the second period alone.
"That's where rivalries come [from]. You play the same team seven games in a row in two weeks, and you're going to have some hatred for each other," Dougie Hamilton said. "It's always a fun game when we can play them."
"It's always competitive playing against these guys. We don't like them. They don't like us. It's that simple," Foegele said. "It's always fun beating them."
It was a bounce-back win for the Canes, who had previously dropped three games in a row, and it came in a big way against the league's top team in the first game of a season-long, seven-game homestand.
"We needed to be the desperate team, and we were the team that needed to win," head coach Rod Brind'Amour said. "I'm just happy we got it and the fans can leave here feeling good."
"We love playing in front of our fans. We know the energy they bring," Foegele said. "We've got to use that to our advantage."
Recap: Canes Open Homestand With Big Win Over Capitals

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
"He was the difference tonight," Brind'Amour said of Foegele.
"He had a strong start. That line was really good, I thought."
"That was a pretty intense game. A pretty even match going back-and-forth. A lot of chances early. I thought both teams had some good looks," Brind'Amour said.
"Then, the game kind of lost its flow a little bit with all the penalties and whatnot, but obviously we'll take the win."
Recap: Canes Open Homestand With Big Win Over Capitals

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Unfortunately it looks like we’ll have to get 12 or 13 out of the total 14 available points during this honest and to even stay afloat in this division.

This was the closest thing to a must win that you’ll get in the month of December, so it’s nice to see us hold our own and pull out a win given all of the circumstances. Especially on nights that our top line isn’t producing, it’s nice to see our depth put up points. Dzingel-Haula-Necas back together is huge.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
pFmgWle8_bigger.jpg
Roy Cooper‏Verified account @RoyCooperNC 29m29 minutes ago

When walking our dog Ben today, I came across 2 guys wearing Caps sweaters in downtown Raleigh. Told them I hoped they were enjoying our state but that they would likely be disappointed tonight because our
@Canes had their number.
They laughed.
I enjoyed the game tonight.

It's cool to have the Governor be a fan. Mike Easley was a pretty big fan as well, but there was no Twitter for him to express his support.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Out of all of the setups, I like the Eddy-Pesce/Gard-TVR and the Gard-Pesce/Eddy-Fleury arrangements the most. There's just something about Eddy and TVR that simply doesn't work as a pairing. They probably should trade one of the two at the deadline. Even though a lot of fans would hate it, Eddy would probably command much more considering his career year, and could very well be sign-and-trade fodder like Nick Jensen was last year (Florida, New Jersey, and Winnipeg all strike me as particularly good suitors for Eddy, as they all are in pressing need for LHD, and unlike Buffalo, our depth defensemen are good, viable NHL players). TVR would be easy to re-sign for cheap next year to keep the competition fierce for our youngsters.

Last edited:

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Out of all of the setups, I like the Eddy-Pesce/Gard-TVR and the Gard-Pesce/Eddy-Fleury arrangements the most. There's just something about Eddy and TVR that simply doesn't work as a pairing. They probably should trade one of the two at the deadline. Even though a lot of fans would hate it, Eddy would probably command much more considering his career year, and could very well be sign-and-trade fodder like Nick Jensen was last year (Florida, New Jersey, and Winnipeg all strike me as particularly good suitors for Eddy, as they all are in pressing need for LHD, and unlike Buffalo, our depth defensemen are good, viable NHL players). TVR would be easy to re-sign for cheap next year to keep the competition fierce for our youngsters.
Yeah. It’s called TvR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad