Post-Game Talk: WSH @ PIT | 2/17/15 | 7PM EST | Caps Win 3-1 (MOD WARNING: POST 657)

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
The Pens post-game messages are pure gold. Ref this, ref that. If you are a good team, then you beat the other team AND the refs.

Crosby was non-existent. Nice to see!

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Anyone else get the feeling that only puck luck is going to stop this team from getting to the east finals or stanley final?

Because it sure as hell won't be for lack of coaching or ineptitude on the ice. This is one of the best Capital teams maybe ever with potential to be great.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Slow down now. Still have 20+ games to go and with this teams history of "none for you" in the playoffs, nothing can be taken lightly.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
You guys are lucky, I had to listen to the Pens announcers the whole ****in game because I'm currently visiting family in Pennsylvania

According to them, you should simply dive to get the calls you need. They actually promoted embellishment

I'm unfortunate enough to be stuck with that broadcast team and I heard them discussing diving. Earlier in the game they were actually speaking good things about the Caps, I was totally surprised.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Anyone else get the feeling that only puck luck is going to stop this team from getting to the east finals or stanley final?

Because it sure as hell won't be for lack of coaching or ineptitude on the ice. This is one of the best Capital teams maybe ever with potential to be great.

This is a big reason I'm torn on the TDL. Solid goaltending, grit, defense, and coaching has made this a solid group.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I am absolutely not above loading NHL.com's stats page and then refreshing it in an hour to watch Ovechkin leapfrog Crosby in points.

Lame.

Instead, you should go to GDT on Pens board and read that start to finish.

THAT is fun.

Not that I've ever done it.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Ovechkin
Hits: 1

LOL
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=755601 - smokes Letang
5imci0L.gif
- Smokes Kunitz

seemslegit.jpg

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Going and reading is fine. But fair warning that almost anything you post, especially after a night like tonight, well-intentioned or otherwise, is probably going to be seen as trolling and moderated accordingly.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Another victory over the Pens! :D

Even sweeter as it was the 3rd game in 4 nights.

Ovie continues to be awesome. Beautiful goal tonight. :)

How weird is it that the Caps would get a 5 on 3 PP with a few minutes left in a tie game against the Pens in Pittsburgh? That's like million to one odds. Lol.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Hard to find enjoyable regular season games but this was one of them. Liked seeing the line matchups with Trotz and Wilson get some shift on the top line early setting a tone.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Caps need a Grabbo-like (or 2) forward to really make a deep PO push.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
On the side note, pens going after Ovie and their fans spilling beer on Ovie - I think the organization needs to address that (haven't seen Trotz postgame, hopefully he said something about that and not only the joke about Ovie being thirsty). I feel like we did nothing when the pens ran Ovie, I know he can take care of him, but we need to protect our stars. Otherwise it's kind of invitation to assault them (including Grtzlaf and etc). I'm pretty sure next time the Pens will target Ovie.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Felt it after the first 5 minute that this would be a sweet game. And it turned out to be one. Lovely.

I think there is not enough love for Bäckis play on Wards goal. Holy **** what a pass that was.

Ovechkin is really really turning it on

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
LOL at Kunitz turning his back to desperately prepare to dive after getting boarded.

This was a game out of the 80s, bad refs included. I take this any day Al May, over the modern refs calling everything and still wrong half the time anyways, and letting special teams decide games. When playoffs come, they change. I cannot be the only one that liked the style of this game.

It was nice to see Trotz, coaching. Throwing out Wilson over Bura to start the game, to soften them up, was welcome. I want to see tactical things tried, now. Exactly what I was posting pregame, what is he going to do come playoff time. I don't want a stubborn old coach doing the same damn thing every game do or die.

Ovi is playing like the leagues MVP again. Its not just PPGs like the last 4 years. Others follow his lead, and stop sitting on their hands collecting checks. This is huge. I told the wife Ovi is taking names kicking ass this year. Her reply, is he single?

Helluva game.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Is there a whinier group of fans than Pittsburgh? I mean, holy ****. Ovie trying to end Letangs career. The boarding and slashing calls that led to the 5-on-3 were phantom calls. Crosby and Malkin can't score becuase the refs don't call obstruction against anyone else and the league is heading for the next dead puck era. You got your ***** whooped, three times. Plain and simple. There is no conspiracy. Take your medicine and move on.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I promised myself I wouldn't get my hopes up, but here we are almost 60 games into the season and I'm starting to think this is the best Caps teams in the Ovi era and we're built for the playoffs in the best way in a long time.

I should know by now to follow the great words a wise Caps fan once told me... "Hope for the best. Expect the worst."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad