Waived: [WSH] F Evgeny Kuznetsov waived by the Capitals (cleared)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Why are people in this thread acting like he's being released?
They're reading too much into the fresh start comments, for some reason to many that equates to termination, but personally I think it's more likely they know someone may take him off waivers.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I doubt anyone's touching him with that contract and extra year @ 8M cap hit.

And i doubt he will mutually termiante his contract and leave some ~10-12M on the table.

So I don't see a resolution here.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
I'm sure someone claims him, even though he's a shell of his former self.
Zero chance.

If a team wants him they will wait till he clears waivers and get the capitals to eat a significant part of his salary and/or make the capitals take on a bad contract in a trade.

That is still a big IF because I don't think he has any value at half price personally. But I could be wrong. To me that extra year is an anchor given his current situation,

Reactions: DaveG and overlords

drede

Jul 13, 2023
No shot he willingly walks away from 8M next year. Nobody in the NHL or KHL will pay him that. This is to try and see if anyone wants him for free. I can’t see any way Washington can just walk away from that contract.
He probably doesn't want to play I'm the ahl

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Could they not have retained 50% and shipped him out they heading to full rebuild why not get assets ?

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I think it's simple. The Capitals have played well in his absence and they don't want to upset the apple cart right now by bringing back a player who has been a problem to fit in for awhile now. No one is claiming that contract.
Bingo.

Maybe he agrees starting over is the best move, maybe he retires, lets wait and see.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Capitals are such a shitty organization. I guess the dude going out of his way to seek help wasn’t enough.
Have you seen him play? His give a shit meter is at zero. And how do you know he went out of his way to seek help? He could have very well just entered and completed the program because if he didnt he could of had his multi million dollar contract terminated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad