Waived: [WSH] F Evgeny Kuznetsov waived by the Capitals (cleared)

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I don't understand the initial reaction of rage?
tenor.gif

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
then why is the gm going to speak? thats just my thought, who knows
I think the only way they could terminate is if he didn't make an attempt in the program, but it sounds like he completed it. I wonder if it's just to clarify that they want him to get his game back in the minors

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I get that they are disappointed with him, but doing this the day he is cleared from the NHLPA's assistance program is just complete bullshit.
I’m gonna guess there’s more going on behind the scenes than we ever will know that justify it if that’s the case. They know there’s a black eye they take doing it. If they feel it’s still the right thing to do knowing that then there’s a bigger story here.

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
He has unquestionably negative value. 7.8 million for an additional season, hasn't been productive in two years and has a relatively poor attitude
Wow I haven’t seen him play much lately but how far he has fallen…. Probably back to Russia

drede

Jul 13, 2023
If it's mutual I'd take him on the leafs 1y cheap deal see if he can get back on track

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Capitals are such a shitty organization. I guess the dude going out of his way to seek help wasn’t enough.
Going by a comment McLellan made, it seems like Kuz wanted a fresh start, so i wouldnt be surprised if this was a step discussed between both sides

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad