GDT: Wrestlemania 33 Part 4 and PGT

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
First half of Mania was great but it died a death when HHH/Rollins killed the crowd. Lesnar popped them back up but that was it. It's too long. Someone needs to tell Vince that less is more.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Goldberg/Lesnar was probably the fastest pace singles match next to CWC. That's when you know something wrong happened. It wasn't just a short match, they moved actually quick. The fact those guys moved faster than any part of HHH/Rollins is pretty silly.

The matches were slow, poorly booked, and boring.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I really think Rollins had health issues last night. Dude was going about an 1/8th of his normal speed and looked like he was desperately sucking wind all night. Love Rollins and I have nothing but praise for him. But hopefully he can have an easy night tonight and then get some good rest in for his body.

I also thought Ambrose looked really banged up.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's a weird response when people are saying "I thought it was a good show.. here are my ratings:" And then every main event they are giving 1-3 stars at best.

Wrestlemania is about moments, anyways. The ladder match was only 11 minutes, which is usually way too short of a ladder match, but in this scenario it worked, especially after the Hardys worked a brutal ladder match the night before.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Also remember that Undertaker had requested to work with Cena at this WM and it was a go until January where Vince overruled Taker and put Roman in the spot thinking about the long-term picture.

It's crazy that Taker is now done and the only high-profile one-on-one match between the two was 14 years ago.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Lost in the elation of the return of the Hardyz was the fact that we were saved from an Enzo and Cass title win.

Like thank god for the Seven Deities.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Pretty bad WM, unfortunately. Literally 2 good finishes out of 17 matches. Very anti climatic ends. The best match consisted of 4 moves. Ramp too long. Stadium too big (lost sound). Too hot and fighters were gassing before they got to the ring.

And that taker match was probably the most disappointing match i can remember. Guy can't move. Deserves a much better send off then losing THAT match to THAT guy. Not a lot Reigns could do to make it better, though. Even takers entrance was weak.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
After looking at the booking of all the other matches, I think opening with AJ/Shane was pretty smart as annoyed as we were.

I think so too, I don't know what else would have went first besides the ladder match

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Has Reigns ever had a manager?

I'd love to see him go "full heel", and get a manager to keep him off the mic - ala Brock. Hell, give him Heyman (he did mention having more clients on the preshow, unless it's that new guy from nxt). Or someone like Angle.

He should have embraced that last night when he had 12 minutes to wait for UT to stand up.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
I had dreams of Roman coming out tonight and Bragging about putting the Dog Down and going full heal then someone confronting him (Finn?)...... But after the looks he was giving last night that looks like a pipe dream.

It looked like Rollins was going to do WM regardless because he did not look like himself.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I had dreams of Roman coming out tonight and Bragging about putting the Dog Down and going full heal then someone confronting him (Finn?)...... But after the looks he was giving last night that looks like a pipe dream.

It looked like Rollins was going to do WM regardless because he did not look like himself.

Being sick and then wrestling in that heat and humidity must have been rough.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Last night proved Bray Wyatt is an afterthought to them.

They think he can just keep losing the big matches and he'll be able to bounce back. It's the same way they've treated him for the last few years. It's a shame too, because they actually had him win a big one at Elimination Chamber and look strong just to lose the title to Orton in a pretty weak match at the next PPV.

Did he even have a successful title defense on television?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I feel like letting all of my HHH hate out. Most people can't wait until Show and Taker retire, but for me its HHH. If I never see him wrestler ever again I will be happy.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The fact HHH pisses so many people off...I think that means he's doing something right.

He shouldn't be involved in any more feuds at this point...his feud with Seth made sense and the build was probably better than the actual match last night.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Spamming my Tumblr with Mania gifs and my god, some of those entrances last night were all top notch especially for the Raw women. The entrances are always one of my favorite parts of Mania, I loved Triple H's super lame entrance too - it was endearing.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The fact HHH pisses so many people off...I think that means he's doing something right.

He shouldn't be involved in any more feuds at this point...his feud with Seth made sense and the build was probably better than the actual match last night.

Well I think he pisses me off like some people get pissed off by Big Show or Kane coming out nowadays. Is that really a good pissed off? The authority angle is on like year 12 now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
God that Orton/Wyatt much was so insanely bad.

I have to admit I liked the main event. It was awful in ring because Taker was shot, but they told a really good story.

Roman did a good job IMO in an impossible spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad