Value of: Juraj Slafkovsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Think of it this way, what is the most positive, charitable interpretation of what Slaf becomes?

The Habs would basically need someone who is around his age who has the same potential, and is further along.

Aka it's not happening.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I'm not sure, it's more of just a fun offer to propose.

Celebrini and Suzuki as your 1/2 at C would be something special as well.
Suzuki with Slafkovsky is looking pretty damn good already, us they get to keep thier 2C in Dach

Reactions: Eegs

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
He's that good. I wonder how much he's looking for on a contract extension tho, because obviously that significantly impacts his value.

Every mill in AAV difference would effect his value by a 1st in my eyes.
Rumors are they are trying to lock Slaf and Guhle long term. Anything under 8x8M will be a huge W for the Habs

• Haha
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He's that good. I wonder how much he's looking for on a contract extension tho, because obviously that significantly impacts his value.

Every mill in AAV difference would effect his value by a 1st in my eyes.
Agreed and Timo Meier has negative value due to his bloated contract relative to his paltry production since being a Devil.

Reactions: viceroy

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Celebrini is a center, and a tier above slaf at time of draft
Sure but Slaf paced at ~70 pts/82 games during the last ~30 games of the season. During the final stretch, he was probably winning ~90% of his puck battles and practically no one was able to push him/strip him off the puck.. at 19 years old.

Personally, this is the kind of player I want on my team come playoff time. That alone should be worth the 15-20 points a guy like Celibrini will have on him every year. Obviously, I wouldn’t mind getting lucky and get both players but considering team needs and that Montreal is pretty much set at C, I would probably hold on to Slafkovsky if he was offered in a 1v1 trade for 1OA this year

Agreed and Timo Meier has negative value due to his bloated contract relative to his paltry production since being a Devil.
Why do you have to keep gaslighting every thread. We don’t need that here. That’s how threads derail.

Edit: Reported for gaslighting

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sure but Slaf paced at ~70 pts/82 games during the last ~30 games of the season. During the final stretch, he was probably winning ~90% of his puck battles and practically no one was able to push him/strip him off the puck.. at 19 years old.

Personally, this is the kind of player I want on my team come playoff time. That alone should be worth the 15-20 points a guy like Celibrini will have on him every year. Obviously, I wouldn’t mind getting lucky and get both players but considering team needs and that Montreal is pretty much set at C, I would probably hold on to Slafkovsky if he was offered in a 1v1 trade for 1OA this year

Why do you have to keep gaslighting every thread. We don’t need that here. That’s how threads derail.

Edit: Reported for gaslighting
He made a good point. As soon as Slaf gets paid on his next contract his value will decline. Just like Mitch Marner and Timo. Its a valid point. Get over it!

The key is for Hughes to get his next contract right. Ie. No bridge.

Last edited:
Reactions: viceroy

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Same here. Players aren't cards or marbles with a fixed value. Timing, circumstances, tons of factors impact who gets traded and what their value is. And often guys just aren't available.
100% agree. This is a stupid pointless thread. Its a..... Hey we have a great player that we want rub in your noses... thread.

Reactions: viceroy and pth2

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Rumors are they are trying to lock Slaf and Guhle long term. Anything under 8x8M will be a huge W for the Habs
agreed on Slaf, I think guhle would be better off bridged than an 8x8. I don't think his defensive archetype is 1 that he'll be demanding 10 mill if you wait 3 years.

3 years x 4 mill or so, maintain RFA rights, and even if he truly breaks out I don't see him commanding more than 9.5x8 just based on the type of dman he is (comp there would be sergachev contract) Overall that would be 88 mill for 11 years given that format, or 11 years at 8 mill AAV

whereas an 8x8 now would be 64 mill, and I don't see Kaiden Guhle willing to take a cheap deal in 2032 when he's 30 years old and the cap is 130 mill. Certainly not another 8x3 deal as a UFA.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
agreed on Slaf, I think guhle would be better off bridged than an 8x8. I don't think his defensive archetype is 1 that he'll be demanding 10 mill if you wait 3 years.

3 years x 4 mill or so, maintain RFA rights, and even if he truly breaks out I don't see him commanding more than 9.5x8 just based on the type of dman he is (comp there would be sergachev contract) Overall that would be 88 mill for 11 years given that format, or 11 years at 8 mill AAV

whereas an 8x8 now would be 64 mill, and I don't see Kaiden Guhle willing to take a cheap deal in 2032 when he's 30 years old and the cap is 130 mill. Certainly not another 8x3 deal as a UFA.
I think Hughes tries to leverage the Vlasic deal as a comparable and pushes for a 5M x 6 year deal for Guhle. If he got it, that would be amazing.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
As a Devils fan I wouldn't go for any deal, Better use of assets to fill in the more major holes in the roster. Even If the Devils did put in an offer the 1sts would be late 1sts which I'm guessing the Habs would not care that much for, In the end the offer would become to absurd to ever do.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
He made a good point. As soon as Slaf gets paid on his next contract his value will decline. Just like Mitch Marner and Timo. Its a valid point. Get over it!

The key is for Hughes to get his next contract right. Ie. No bridge.
Getting paid doesn't necessarily equals overpaid like Marner and Meier.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Getting paid doesn't necessarily equals overpaid like Marner and Meier.
Getting overpaid crushes value. Getting underpaid inflates a players value. Hughes will need to figure out the right caphit. If he can get him on Suzuki / CC's contract, that would be a win in my books.

Reactions: pth2 and jfhabs

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
When you look at his stats he is not overly impressive. Yet if you watched him play from let’s say New Years on when he played with Suzuki and Caufield then you would see that he is very valuable to the Habs. 240 pound forwards who have skill are almost impossible to find. Why would the Habs trade him for anything other than a massive overpayment?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Obviously there are value trades out there for him, but a 20 year old, 6’4, 230 pound power forward who was at a point a game pace for about half the year aren’t easy to find.
Based on what I’m watching in these playoffs I suspect Hughes will be looking to add players like slaf rather than dealing them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad