GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave didn't hate it as much as some might want him to

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
They think he can just keep losing the big matches and he'll be able to bounce back. It's the same way they've treated him for the last few years. It's a shame too, because they actually had him win a big one at Elimination Chamber and look strong just to lose the title to Orton in a pretty weak match at the next PPV.

Did he even have a successful title defense on television?

Yeah, he beat Cena and Styles in the triple threat match on the Smackdown following EC.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I've been saying it for awhile. Wyatt cannot go in the ring. He's a really mediocre wrestler. Love his character, love his finisher but the guy just doesn't have it in the ring.

I disagree. He's more than passable in the ring. The layout, pacing and booking of the match was horrific and there was no hope for them (Orton stunk too). Doing the stupid bug thing? So dumb. It was cheesy the first time...accomplished nothing but screwing up pacing. Wyatt's biggest skill is ring psychology and the way last night was designed it stripped all of it.

I do, however, think his character is very much on life support right now. The whole angle buried him. Hard.

Oct 18, 2011
I was not looking forward to Wyatt and Orton so I was not disappointed. Randy is boring and he proved it once again.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Finally got around to watching it and it was way better than last year. Not on par with 31 but better than 32.

-For a <5 match Lesnar/Goldberg wasn't too bad
-Great storytelling from HHH/Rollins
-Given their limited capabilities Roman/Taker wasn't as bad as I was expecting
-Hardyz coming back was the moment of the night
-The maggots/worms/etc during Orton/Wyatt was honestly just stupid and adding nothing to a already boring match

Oct 18, 2011
Sad that Vince robbed us of the match we wanted to see with Cena and Taker, and put his pet project in that spot.

If they continue this shove Roman down our throats thing I don't see how they are going to get viewers back. Its been over 3 years, people are sick of it

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
rewatched some of the show to check I wasnt being too harsh/generous to parts of it

CW Title - ***
IC Title - ***
ARMBAR - **
AJ/Shane - ***1/4
US Title - **1/2
Cena/Miz - **
Raw Tag - ****
Raw Women - ***1/2
HHH/Rollins - **1/2
SD Women - *
Roman/Taker - ***1/2
Universal Title - ***
Orton/Wyatt - ****. because it was ****ing ****.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I'm not the biggest Ambrose fan but felt bad for the guy. Mcg mentioned him being the iron man atm. Previous guy was Kane. The Ic title should have found a way on. Wwe still had a few options. They had the concert. Advertising managed to take a portion of the time. What match would you cut though. Every match other than the ladder match, triple H Seth match and Cena match had a title. Wrestlemania still managed to be 5 hours long.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Looks like people agreed that the match with Goldberg Lesnar was alright. Glad they didn't do the 15 minute drag out match with a lot of stalling and akward wrestling moves. Problem is that after this match Lesnar will probably still keep suplexing as his main attack.

I bet this whole supplex city for Brock is just about him not risking and injury or anything

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Dean got the Lesnar match at Mania, Money in the Bank, and the WWE Championship, and 6 months later he has an awful pre-show match. Crazy how this dude has dropped down the card.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
- AJ/Shane was better than I expected it to be, had some fun spots, not bad
- KO/Jericho was better fine, also better than I thought it would be, another fun match
- Women's match was nothing special, it wasn't going to top last years amazing match
- Ladder match was cool, marked for the Hardys coming back
- Cena/Miz was such a waste for Miz and Cena..
- HHH/Rollins was awesome
- Orton/Wyatt... f*** you Vince, you are the absolute f****** worst..
- SD Women .. should have been pre-show..it was awful. Alexa looked amazing tho
- Brock/Lesnar was actually pretty cool, everyone knew it was going to be short but it was a lot of fun to be honest
- Taker/Lesnar was sad.. match was fine, but Taker leaving was more a sad moment then a feel good "thank you taker" moment.

Better than last year tho

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Brock is lazy. No desire to see him in WWE anymore. Clearly there for getting the most money with the least effort.

I was never on the Lesnar bandwagon. His matches are boring, and he's just not a great in ring performer. The fact he's the champ is something I disagree with.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
When Lesnar isn't doing suplex city and is actually wrestling he's one of the top in-ring workers imo. His combination of size, power, explosiveness, quickness, agility and flexibility isn't matched. He's a legitimate once in a generation athlete for his tools and skills that he brings. That's my biggest gripe with "suplex city" era Lesnar. He's capable of so much more but the gimmick holds him back. His matches with Cena and Punk were legitimately amazing before suplex city.

I see you keeping all the merchandise to yourself.

cash me ousside howbowdah

I'm not the biggest Ambrose fan but felt bad for the guy. Mcg mentioned him being the iron man atm. Previous guy was Kane. The Ic title should have found a way on. Wwe still had a few options. They had the concert. Advertising managed to take a portion of the time. What match would you cut though. Every match other than the ladder match, triple H Seth match and Cena match had a title. Wrestlemania still managed to be 5 hours long.

You could have cut HHH/Rollins by 8 minutes (which would have been better), not have Taker/Reigns go 23 minutes and cut that by another 8 minutes and you have enough time to squeeze Ambrose/Corbin in there and do the SD tag titles on the pre-show.

I disagree. He's more than passable in the ring. The layout, pacing and booking of the match was horrific and there was no hope for them (Orton stunk too). Doing the stupid bug thing? So dumb. It was cheesy the first time...accomplished nothing but screwing up pacing. Wyatt's biggest skill is ring psychology and the way last night was designed it stripped all of it.

I do, however, think his character is very much on life support right now. The whole angle buried him. Hard.

I think he's a fine in-ring worker that's more psychology based but arguably the best talker in the company today... but his character is really on life support now. The gimmick needs some major rehabbing.

member 202355

I quit watching WWE about three or four years ago but I might tune in once in a while now because Matt and Jeff are back.

Also, what the hell is a universal championship? lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->