GDT: Wrestlemania 33 Part 4 and PGT

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
God that Orton/Wyatt much was so insanely bad.

It could be a negative star match listening to Meltzer. That was the up there unfulfilled WCW ideas that always went over so poorly and got negative stars all the time. They didn't egregiously screw up their spots which might save it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I liked the main event.

Yeah the in ring work was ****, but they told a good story and Taker being unable to do moves added to it.

Roman did a very good job.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The story had a lot of promise and then it just got weird. They can't seen to do anything with Wyatt that doesn't turn goofy or weird. Wyatt needs to be a spooky badass...ya know, like Taker.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Orton didn't seem into it. Maybe he was cranky and checked out because they got rushed for time? The ending did seem a bit abrupt.

Some comments from people who were there point to Orton/Wyatt as the match that killed the crowd

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I guess my ratings would be as such;

AJ/Shane: 2.5 stars. Surprisingly good match and AJ unsurprisingly made Shane look good. A for effort to Shane for having the Jewels to execute a decent looking SSP.

Y2J/KO: 3 stars. Nothing amazing, but you can tell the two have solid chemistry and i hope they kinda continue it for a bit.

Bayley/Nia/Flair/Sasha: 2 and a half stars. It was okay. Loved the early part of it with the 3 of them ganging on Nia. Actually made her look credible. Finish seemed a bit disjointed though.

Ladder match: 3.5 stars: MOTN easily. Complete cluster**** and i wouldn't have it any other way. Also the obligatory "Watch Jeff kill himself to get a pop" spot.

Total diva garbage: Whatever. Roker sucks, Maryse sucks, Nikki still sucks. Decent feel good moment so i won't totally trash it.

Triple H/Rollins: 1.5 stars. Also sucked. Pacing was awful, unsanctioned meant jack **** in a match where Rollins could have probably really benefited from some wacky stuff given his condition. Not their fault likely.

Orton/Wyatt: - 2 stars. Spooky holograms worked the first time they tried and then fell flat after. Again, pacing was all over the place. Started out fast with the RKO/Abigail tease and Orton and Wyatt going to the more signature moves...then nothing for a while. So much for "Orton brings it during Mania" because that meme died with Wyatt's reign tonight.

Goldberg/Lesnar: 3 stars. ...Surprisingly good for what it was. A straight up brawl with signature/finisher spam

Smackdown women's whatchamacallit: 2 stars. Nice moment for Naomi, otherwise meh.

Taker/Reigns: 3 stars. I really know it's not a 3 star match but Taker being old as **** and broken down actually helped tell a decent story so whatever.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Orton/Wyatt didn't disappoint because I expected it to flop. What an all-time terrible program. Wyatt has been a waste of talent. Just be a mysterious dude who wants to win a title. The cryptic magic ****, the burning down of the compound, etc has turned off your crowd.

The Goldberg/Lesnar tilt having the title was a slap in the face to Owens and Jericho, which was another program that never should have happened because these guys were great together. WWE loves the split. They love dissension between teams. I don't understand it. These guys could've been together for years. Jericho reinvented himself and was bringing heel comedy GOLD to the plate. Better split them up! :rolleyes:

New Day, one of the company's most over entities, not on the card was a mistake.

AJ/Shane was entertaining enough but was a misuse of Styles.

The Hardys will be a boon for the tag division. I cant stand the Broken stuff, but Raw needed another team. Smackdown's awful division could use them too.

Triple H/Rollins was fine, I guess, but man, what an ego Triple H has. The entrance was stupid.

"The Ultimate Thrill Ride". I'm thrilled Taker is finally going away, if that's what they meant. Roman going over was the right move if only because you always go out on your back.

Maybe next year, with Taker and hopefully Goldberg leaving, they can stop with these dead-end programs. Maybe they can return to using Mania as a platform for creating new stars and stop recycling the same "Attitude Era" folks over and over (Foley robbing anyone of screen time the last few months was a joke). Maybe instead of "sorry excuse for a wrestler who was great in the late 90s returns to take on Lesnar" we get "Monster Strowman takes on Monster Lesnar for the title."

The time they put into developing Strowman and then leaving him off the main card WHEN FANS ACTUALLY LIKE HIM was terribly misguided.

I'm a complainer and I over-analyze, yes. But wow. This Mania was all-time bad.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Looks like people agreed that the match with Goldberg Lesnar was alright. Glad they didn't do the 15 minute drag out match with a lot of stalling and akward wrestling moves. Problem is that after this match Lesnar will probably still keep suplexing as his main attack.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Goldberg/Lesnar was exactly what it should have been.

Probably the second best match on the show

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
So looked at 5 different polls including the wwe one on Twitter. Peoples faivourite matches seem to be either the raw tag team one or the Shane aj match. Bray Wyatt/Orton and the smackdown women's match ranked the lowest. I was disappointed in the triple h Rollins match. More so that not enough material around the ring was used. These guys are supposed to hate each other.

Augscura

Oct 3, 2009
Prince George, BC
Aries/Neville, Tag team ladder match, AJ/Shane. Those were my fav matches. TripleH/Rollins, Smackdown womens match and Orton/Wyatt were the worst for me

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I've been saying it for awhile. Wyatt cannot go in the ring. He's a really mediocre wrestler. Love his character, love his finisher but the guy just doesn't have it in the ring.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Spamming my Tumblr with Mania gifs and my god, some of those entrances last night were all top notch especially for the Raw women. The entrances are always one of my favorite parts of Mania, I loved Triple H's super lame entrance too - it was endearing.

Agreed, WWE is the best spectacle in the world regardless of how poopy some other elements are. They are far and away the most grandiose and coolest production company, maybe on the entire planet. I can't think of anyone else who comes close to them.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
^ some of the Olympic entrance years. If you take the Olympics as a business. EX London, Beijing.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
hes good in the ring. but weather it was his idea or not booking that match into a creepy dark thing wasnt gonna fly with anyone.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I was sports entertained.

We really don't need that concert though. Total waste of 10 minutes. Should of squeezed a third match on the pre show as well

That concert might have been second favorite moment from last night after BAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Lesnar winning the title. Great chance to pee and get something to drink. :)

Last edited:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Not one person mentioned the temperature in Orlando. How was it? I would guess that the performers who started had to deal with harsher conditions. Jacksonville which is not that far north is known for having the highest dewpoint in the USA. That has a big impact on how the heat affects you. Another complaint I heard that was not mentioned were the side lights. They obstructed the view for a lot of people.The lights were focused non stop at the entrance ramp. So those who were next to the ramp had the worst of two worlds. The ramp was too high and they couldnt see the matches to well because of the lighting.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
1491245982746.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad