Post-Game Talk: WPG @ WSH | 2/19/15 | 7PM EST | Caps Win 5-1 Jets Crash and Burn

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
If it wasn't for the points battle - this would be a snoozer for me.

Fan boy commentators love the Hawks and Big Buff....enough already

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Sure, go ahead and hit him, but it's not going to do much loosening. OV with a perfectly timed hit is probably the only one capable of doing much damage on Buff.

Or just to send the message that we can bring it in the physicality department as well.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Is Perreault done for the year b/c of that Carcillo slash?

Rumor is an ankle sprain from a hit by Aulie in the last game. He could be done for the year though, so that sucks.

Here's to a good game tonight! I'll be in the building, so that's practically a guaranteed win for you guys, but I'm hoping for the best!

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
After this game 5 of the next 6 are against divisional rivals. The only other game is against Toronto.

Good stretch here would be huge leading up to the trade deadline day.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Alex Prewitt
‏@alex_prewitt
Andre Burakovsky said he's already moved in with Wilson and Latta. "It's good. They're my age. It's fun."

The 3 amigos.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Ehhh...

Jets have top-3 RD's in the league along with Preds and Caps. I won't comment on the left side because i have no idea who Chiarot is (have heard that he's been good with Buff though) but Enstrom is very good offensive D and Stuart is good 3rd pairing LD.

Myers hasn't been a top RD in 4 years, Byfuglien is far from a staunch defender, and Trouba has potential, but he's not nearly "top" yet.

And Jets fans hate Stuart.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Andre Burakovsky said he's already moved in with Wilson and Latta. "It's good. They're my age. It's fun."

Wilson and Latta will get drunk and give him a toilet swirley :laugh:

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
Trailing first: 4-16-6 (15.4 winning %)
Scoring first: 27-1-4 (tied with NYR for most wins in the NHL)

Ehhh...

Jets have top-3 RD's in the league along with Preds and Caps. I won't comment on the left side because i have no idea who Chiarot is (have heard that he's been good with Buff though) but Enstrom is very good offensive D and Stuart is good 3rd pairing LD.

Thanks for info. Chariot has been playing very well, when paired with Buff. Myers has looked extremely good in his first 3 games with us. He plays with allot more confidence knowing he doesn't have to carry the load as his did with Buffalo.

Was hoping we'd have a shot at stealing at least one point tonight. Alas, Pavelec is starting and we're toast. He hasn't beaten a playoff team since Nov. 4th. :help:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Myers hasn't been a top RD in 4 years, Byfuglien is far from a staunch defender, and Trouba has potential, but he's not nearly "top" yet.

And Jets fans hate Stuart.

I meant overally that right side. None of them are really top-5 but overally i see them all as top-50 D's. Byfuglien belongs in the top-15 D's this season though.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Going to the game tonight. Got free tickets to attend a "marketing event". Nose bleed seats but free is free.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Thanks for info. Chariot has been playing very well, when paired with Buff. Myers has looked extremely good in his first 3 games with us. He plays with allot more confidence knowing he doesn't have to carry the load as his did with Buffalo.

Was hoping we'd have a shot at stealing at least one point tonight. Alas, Pavelec is starting and we're toast. He hasn't beaten a playoff team since Nov. 4th. :help:

We could start Peters and make it interesting :naughty:.

Doesn't Ovie own Winnipeg? They're better now than they've been in a while but Ovie always seems to murder them.

donosaur

Nov 28, 2011
Jets in our sights. F16 reporting for duty.
9NnFRFt.jpg

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
1 more night is Smokin Al in the booth.

Will somebody please pull out hunks of hair if he gets names wrong - like Larry from the Three Stooges.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Koken was clearly rusty, but he didn't do too poorly. He never established the comfort level of someone who casts games every other night, and he stumbled several times. But he's still a tolerable PBP guy, and I enjoyed some of his calls quite a bit.

That being said, I'd love to hear Walton do PBP instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad