Post-Game Talk: WPG @ WSH | 2/19/15 | 7PM EST | Caps Win 5-1 Jets Crash and Burn

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
As much as I like Olesky I have to admit he didn't really play that well.

I still think we need an Olesky-like player on D (or several).

---------------

Somebody said the Jets are one of the biggest teams. Is that true?

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
As much as I like Olesky I have to admit he didn't really play that well.

I still think we need an Olesky-like player on D (or several).

---------------

Somebody said the Jets are one of the biggest teams. Is that true?
I think big buff alone makes them one of the biggest teams in the league, dude is an absolute monster. Myers is a big guy too, it should be interesting how he plays on a not bottom feeding team and see if he can regain some of that form he had his rookie season.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
He's been skating with Hershey in non-contact jersey the past two practices. I haven't heard an update from today, but he could draw in as soon as this weekend if everything goes right.

Man, that is great news. Green is so much better with Schmidt than Hillen.

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
Has there been any word on Schmidt's rehab?

per Tim Leone w/ hershey
Nate Schmidt (broken shoulder blade) remained in a non-contact jersey at practice and likely will not return to the lineup this weekend.

"He hasn't been quite cleared [for contact]," Bears head coach Troy Mann said. "He did a lot today. It's getting very, very close for him to get the black [contact] jersey on. Doubtful for the weekend after speaking with the doctors yesterday. I think we're looking more at the following weekend right now."
http://www.pennlive.com/hersheybears/index.ssf/2015/02/washington_capitals_reassign_s.html

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports
#NHLJets D pairs this morning: Chiarot-Byfuglien, Enstrom-Myers, Stuart-Trouba and Harrison-Postma.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
Jets STH here... I read somewhere that the Caps. have some ridiculous stats when scoring first and when giving up the first goal. Can't recall where I read it.

Any help?

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
bottom feeding team

Jets are playing tough. Perrault is out for the season - I guess.

Caps could move up from "wild card" with a win. I hope the Caps don't start with their signature 1st period "shrug".

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Jets STH here... I read somewhere that the Caps. have some ridiculous stats when scoring first and when giving up the first goal. Can't recall where I read it.

Any help?

Correct. The Caps can hold leads now and take pride in winning 2-0.

Better come out hard tonight;)

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

Any help?

Not sure what they are now. If you're on Twitter, @alex_prewitt or @JapersRink might know.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013

Any help?

per memory recall listening to Locker/Benonoti

something like 24-1-2

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Would love to see Trotz put 43 up top to start the game to loosen up big Buff.

Sure, go ahead and hit him, but it's not going to do much loosening. OV with a perfectly timed hit is probably the only one capable of doing much damage on Buff.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Any help?

Trailing first: 4-16-6 (15.4 winning %)
Scoring first: 27-1-4 (tied with NYR for most wins in the NHL)

The Jets? Disagree, unless you're referring to the physical attribute.

Ehhh...

Jets have top-3 RD's in the league along with Preds and Caps. I won't comment on the left side because i have no idea who Chiarot is (have heard that he's been good with Buff though) but Enstrom is very good offensive D and Stuart is good 3rd pairing LD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->