Confirmed Trade: [WPG/MTL] Sean Monahan for 2024 1st round pick and conditional 2027 3rd round pick (Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Look at Montreal record since Monahan trade shows his value. We are 1-4 while giving up 21 goals. A 4.2 goals against per game. With Monahan our GA was 3.46

Only win was against lowly Ducks. Habs were .500 team with Monahan.

Monahan is a proven ppg center with right linemates. Gives you assets in more areas.
I think it’s equal parts motivation… money’s departure might be seen as management giving up on the season

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Winnipeg got a taste of their own medicine lol

but seriously, do not trade with MTL, they have a media advantage that allows an overrating of their players AND they actually have a solid GM known for fleecing

trade with Montreal at your own peril
Why do you say this , are winnipeg regretting the trade? Genuinely curious because monahan might not be a top 6 center on a contending team but he's not bad either

Last edited:

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Yes, there sure is a lot of value in appearing knowledgeable to bunch of complete strangers on the internet.
That would be a great gravestone

"FerrisRox spend a many hours of his life building a legacy of appearing knowledgable to a bunch of complete strangers on the internet"

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Seems like the Jets can also do some fleecing of their own as you would know.

i love how basic 101 you are, do you drink water with a straw too?

Did you not see the part where i said "jets got a taste of their own medicine"? that literally refers to the Dubois trade... and then you go durppp seems like Jets can fleece too LOL

hey, btw, still waiting on you to find that quote where i said i wanted Dubois in LA

So not only are you basic, you're a liar as well

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Yes, there sure is a lot of value in appearing knowledgeable to bunch of complete strangers on the internet.
You just spent time drafting an essay to me about an anecdotal experience you had with some friends of yours that watch a lot of hockey.

Ask yourself why and get back to me as to whether your comment is ironic.

Reactions: viceroy

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Why do you say this , are winnipeg regretting the trade? Genuinely curious because monahan might not be a top 6 center on a contending team but he's not bad either

i think you just answered your own question there

and that type of player... an unimpactful bottom 6 forward on a contending team, you think fetches a genuine first?

So there really IS too much fluoride in Montreal's water supply

Because if Jets are doing trades it's not to solidify a playoff spot, EH? It's to contend for a cup. But seriously ask Jets fans if they're happy, I wouldn't know, I personally think he hasn't been impactful in all his 6 games so far.

(and yes queue in all the Dubois BURNNNN jokes, one after the other) want me to do one?

hey, at least the Jets didn't trade 4 pieces for him! 🥁

Reactions: hn777

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
i think you just answered your own question there

and that type of player... an unimpactful bottom 6 forward on a contending team, you think fetches a genuine first?

Because if Jets are doing trades it's not to solidify a playoff spot, EH? It's to contend for a cup. But seriously ask Jets fans if they're happy, I wouldn't know, I personally think he hasn't been impactful in all his 6 games so far.

(and yes queue in all the Dubois BURNNNN jokes, one after the other) want me to do one?

hey, at least the Jets didn't trade 4 pieces for him! 🥁
Winnipegs first isn't some incredibly valuable asset like you're making it out to be though.

But go on throw your tantrum

Reactions: viceroy and weslox

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Winnipegs first isn't some incredibly valuable asset like you're making it out to be though.

But go on throw your tantrum

tantrum? there's no tantrum, my team isn't even involved in this deal lol

and btw, it's not even an insult to state that your GM is a swindler, i wish mine was, unfortunately my GM is the one that gets swindled

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Jets have scored 11 goals in the 6 games since the trade, Monahan has 4 of them. Somehow they managed to win 3 of the 6 games.

They also scored 11 in the 6 before the trade , Less than 2 GPG not going to cut it. seems like Winnipeg goes into a funk every year in February- winter blues??

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Honestly he's been pretty bad defensively on the Jets too. Loses his man in the defensive zone constantly. I'd rather he take faceoffs and defer the rest of the center duties to somebody else.
To be fair several of Winnipeg's players have really emphasized how much buying into the system has elevated their defensive play, there's going to be a bit of an adjustment period to find his place there especially for a guy who isn't fast enough to cover up lapses

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I think it’s equal parts motivation… money’s departure might be seen as management giving up on the season.

But the amalgamated first line is producing, and well motivated.

It's a lack of talent and puck possession from the other lines. With no Monahan and Dvorak it means Evans is taking more key draws, Newhook is taking draws at all, and Gignac is currently taking 4th line draws.

Evans should be down the lineup.
Newhook is really a winger.
Gignac deserves the audition, but he'll be back in the minors next year.

In a perfect world, the top six for most of the season likely would have looked something like:

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Caufield
Dach/Monahan-Dach/Monahan-Newhook
Armia-Dvorak-Gallagher
Pearson-Evans-Pezzetta/Ylonen

Gallagher and Pearson are cooked. Anderson appears as disconnected as that Ovechkin back check gif/meme. He hasn't looked good all year, seemingly having found his inner Rene Bourque. Armia is coasting, and would be regardless. Pezzetta is your 13th forward. Ylonen is perhaps in his last NHL season. When any of them played with Monahan, they were propped up. That's gone. The warts will only be further exposed.

Reactions: pth2

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
This is a fun thread to read. A 1st is still a 1st. It will all come down to how deep this draft is. Both team win this trade. Jets get depth and Habs get another 1st/3rd for their rebuild. Not sure why people are getting the panties in a twist over this. It is a win-win trade.

Nov 24, 2006
This is a fun thread to read. A 1st is still a 1st. It will all come down to how deep this draft is. Both team win this trade. Jets get depth and Habs get another 1st/3rd for their rebuild. Not sure why people are getting the panties in a twist over this. It is a win-win trade.
The Habs only get the 3rd if the Jets win the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: hn777

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs

So you're also a crazy conspiracy guy? Not really surprising.

Anderson appears as disconnected as that Ovechkin back check gif/meme. He hasn't looked good all year, seemingly having found his inner Rene Bourque. Armia is coasting.

I thought Anderson was pretty decent there for a while this season though he's cooled down this last month. Armia on the other hand has probably been playing his best hockey with us in a while.

But a 1st is a 1st and Montreal would be silly not to take it as they are no where near being a contender so they needed to move SM.

Yeah I don't know if you'd heard but MTL's in the middle of a rebuild.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Jets have scored 11 goals in the 6 games since the trade, Monahan has 4 of them. Somehow they managed to win 3 of the 6 games.

They also scored 11 in the 6 before the trade , Less than 2 GPG not going to cut it. seems like Winnipeg goes into a funk every year in February- winter blues??
I think Jets were playing over their heads first half of season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA