Confirmed Trade: [WPG/MTL] Sean Monahan for 2024 1st round pick and conditional 2027 3rd round pick (Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I don't feel attacked at all, I just think its a very strange thing to say.

Just in my own, personal circle of friends I have three good buddies that pretty much watch at least one hockey game a night during the NHL season.

They don't miss the team they primarily cheer for (in this case, one is a Red Wings fan, one a Leafs fan, and the other, sickeningly, is a Bruins fan) but at 10 o'clock, after the family has headed to bed or off to their neutral corners, they watch a late game. Most people that have these packages hop around and check in all kinds of games, and watch all sorts of teams. I'm not an Oilers fan, but any time they are playing a ten o'clock (Eastern) start, I watch their games because they are a very fun team to watch and I watch as much of McDavid as possible. I've seen about 20+ Avalanche games this season, as well because they are fun to watch and have some outstanding players. I've been intrigued by the Devils rising core the last couple of years and I've watched a lot of them (though not as much this season.) It's pretty common to get a text saying "Dude, flip on the Lightning game, Kucherov is going off" and then you hop over and watch that game.

There are plenty of hockey fans out there that watch a ton of hockey and just don't stick to their favourite team. They aren't too difficult to spot around here. Generally when a trade is made, just by the reactions, you can clearly tell which posters know the league, and which posters only know their team.

Neat, well maybe you and your buddies should’ve formed the opinion on Monahan and not the fans in this thread who clearly didn’t watch him play.

Congratulations on watching so much hockey

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
If Jets pick protected? They lost 5 in a row, could go into a tail spin.

Protected from what? Have you seen the standings?

Yeah but Monahan won't help a playoff team because no playoff team would ever play him on a PP where he gets all his points. Oh wait.

Two of the three goals were, in fact, on the powerplay.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Yeah but Monahan won't help a playoff team because no playoff team would ever play him on a PP where he gets all his points. Oh wait.
We know how good Monahan was playing this season. We told Jet fans that they would be really like the play of Monahan. The only issue is health. Hopefully Monahan proves everyone wrong on that part too. WTG Monahan.

Reactions: The Great Weal

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Protected from what? Have you seen the standings?

Two of the three goals were, in fact, on the powerplay.
That was his point. Jet fans were saying he wouldn't see PP in Winnipeg.
Now they are seeing what we were telling them and everyone else.
Monahan is has been playing some of the best hockey ever and seemingly pain free.

Reactions: The Great Weal

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
It's tiresome for us, Habs fans, to be always right because we get shit on, up until History prove us right, like always, and than we have to make sure you eat that full crow
Happens everytime

The process would be easier and less painful for everyone involved if you guys simply accepted what we're saying as fact, because it is

Just look at the stats

I love Monahan, but I'd take Danault 10/10

• Haha
Reactions: HabsQC

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's tiresome for us, Habs fans, to be always right because we get shit on, up until History prove us right, like always, and than we have to make sure you eat that full crow
Happens everytime

The process would be easier and less painful for everyone involved if you guys simply accepted what we're saying as fact, because it is

I love Monahan, but I'd take Danault 10/10
Nope, not me. Like Monahan. More offense, bigger player more heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad