Confirmed with Link: Wpg claim James Wright off waivers (FLA)

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
From what Keith McCanbridge has said he didn't have the right/best attitude or effort at the beginning of the year.... if that is true it is easy to see why we have a couple low end moves imo.

What's about the idea that they bring Peluso and Wright just to push Machacek more and challenge him. Just to make sure he gives 110% and earns his place and not just give it to him now. Idk.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
From what Keith McCanbridge has said he didn't have the right/best attitude or effort at the beginning of the year.... if that is true it is easy to see why we have a couple low end moves imo.

I guess that the Jets brass are just as likely to penalize bad character traits as they are to reward good ones. They wouldn't be making waiver claims if they didn't have a valid reason for doing so. I am of the mindset of 'let's wait and see'.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
I thought so too.

Something is up.

That's the oddest part here, it seemed that Machacek earned a spot at least. To dump him at the end for an unknown or two in Peluso and Wright just seems odd.

We'll see how this all plays out.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Not to pile on but I couldn't agree more. He's a Jet now ffs. I'm going to give him a honest chance to succeed.

Agree, Jet.

And I don't mean to pile on Holden or anyone either, nor do I mean to defend Peluso at every corner, I just don't get the attitude and hatred towards Peluso. I know you're not 100% sold on him Jet, but at least you're giving him a chance. You have your doubts, as do I, but he at least deserves a chance in the role Chevy/Noel and co. view him to play before being chewed up and spit out.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Machacek has been so terrible he is the IceCaps leading scorer....Ive watched a bunch of the IceCaps games, Machacek has been fine.

So of us were stoked about Machacek the second the Thrashers were bought. He is a gritty goalscoring forward, hits, goes into the corners, works his ass off, throws down when needed, good offensive sense, just a very solid 3rd and 4th line forward. Machacek deserves a spot on this roster, and if they keep a plug like Peluso on the roster, that is just embarrassing. Terrible terrible terrible talent evaluation.

Wright is actually a decent hockey player. This waiver wire pickup I have no problem with. He made the Lightning at 19, he is a solid defensive player with good size. Nothing wrong with this pickup, please please please have this mean Peluso goes on waivers, that useless tool needs to go...
I see Mach as an OK 4th liner, nothing more. He did well last year, but I don't see him as a good NHL player by any means.

If he gets sent down, so what.

jetkarma*

Virtual no cost moves , if even one pans out we are ahead here.

Thorburn is just a guy tbh and we really could improve the bottom 2/3 forwards on this roster imo. These moves may not do it , but it does show they understand the need to improve , whether that is the #4 D or the #2 RW or the # 4 LW or RW .

I am pleased to see we are making attempts.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I see Mach as an OK 4th liner, nothing more. He did well last year, but I don't see him as a good NHL player by any means.

If he gets sent down, so what.

I disagree completely. Machacek will be solid NHLer, IMO, a very valuable piece to have in the bottom 6, all he needs is a chance, hell look what he did given half of one last season (puck luck, blah blah, even when he wasn't scoring he was hitting and winning board battles), the kid is a player, IMO.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Agree, Jet.

And I don't mean to pile on Holden or anyone either, nor do I mean to defend Peluso at every corner, I just don't get the attitude and hatred towards Peluso. I know you're not 100% sold on him Jet, but at least you're giving him a chance. You have your doubts, as do I, but he at least deserves a chance in the role Chevy/Noel and co. view him to play before being chewed up and spit out.

I agree. I think most of the dislike towards Peluso isn't directed towards him personally, but rather the concept of the "staged fight" goon as a whole and the idea of them taking a roster spot away from a prospect.

That said, I think Peluso is arguably one of the best young fighters with potential not yet in the NHL. If we absolutely need to have a fighter, I think the Jets did their homework and Peluso could be a gem.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Sounds like they're going for size on a shutdown fourth line and he has some upside to boot. No problem with this or the competition it creates.

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
Spencer has done more loafing than a bakery this season. Especially in the defensive zone. Would my surprise if he doesn't stick in the Peg

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Spencer has done more loafing than a bakery this season. Especially in the defensive zone. Would my surprise if he doesn't stick in the Peg

Interesting. I hadn't known this prior to today. Good on managememt for making decisions like this to better the team where they see fit.

EvilCoop

What year is it?
Nov 29, 2011
The Black Lodge
Perhaps they are getting defensive low-line forwards to compensate for the fact that the defensive roster gets a little thin? Just wondering if that is a possibility.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I disagree completely. Machacek will be solid NHLer, IMO, a very valuable piece to have in the bottom 6, all he needs is a chance, hell look what he did given half of one last season (puck luck, blah blah, even when he wasn't scoring he was hitting and winning board battles), the kid is a player, IMO.

So he is Chris Thorburn, but worse and can't skate? :sarcasm:

Agree to disagree on this one. I think he is a marginal NHLer.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I agree. I think most of the dislike towards Peluso isn't directed towards him personally, but rather the concept of the "staged fight" goon as a whole and the idea of them taking a roster spot away from a prospect.

That said, I think Peluso is arguably one of the best young fighters with potential not yet in the NHL. If we absolutely need to have a fighter, I think the Jets did their homework and Peluso could be a gem.

I like a lot of the things that I've heard about Peluso, but he couldn't unseat what I deem to be a bad hockey player / goon on the Blues. Hopefully he is a beast. :)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So he is Chris Thorburn, but worse and can't skate? :sarcasm:

Agree to disagree on this one. I think he is a marginal NHLer.

He's a better skater, has a better shot, passes better, smarter in the offensive zone, etc etc than Thorburn, he's a much better player than Thorburn, IMO

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
When I read the moves made by Jets, my first thought was they are loading up with big, physical 4th line guys not only to push 'regulars' but also to add depth if a deal is brewing.

I would be very surprised if a dman isn't acquired fairly soon. Adding depth guys like wright and peluso, means a thorbs, mittens (if wave NMC), or burmi, etc could be moved to get a NHL calibre dman.

ahplk

Sep 25, 2011
In a compressed season that will be riddled with injuries, these types of moves should be applauded.

We've picked up a couple defensive, bottom 6 guys from teams ranked 2nd (Florida) and 5th (St. Louis) in prospect talent (HF site) for our team that's ranked 29th.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
He is not close to a better skater than Thor.

People in the Jets organizations have described Mach's skating as sup par for the AHL.

Watching them skate it's easy to see Machacek is as good a skater, if not better than Thorburn, Thorburn is not a good skater...he'd probably be sup par for AHL as well then...I've never seen any problems with Machacek's skating, he doesn't blow the doors down, but his skating is completely fine, IMO...

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Sounds like they're going for size on a shutdown fourth line and he has some upside to boot. No problem with this or the competition it creates.

I agree. That fourth shutdown line could be pretty damn intimidating if they have enough hockey skills to compete there.

Everyone on this board has been in love with the Jets organization and their ability/willingness to scout and build the team without breaking the bank for superstars. I don't think that there is even a remote possibility that Chevy and co. don't have a plan here.

We may not see it (none of us have the access to the scouting that they do I'm sure), but I'm confident that the plan exists.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
When I read the moves made by Jets, my first thought was they are loading up with big, physical 4th line guys not only to push 'regulars' but also to add depth if a deal is brewing.

I would be very surprised if a dman isn't acquired fairly soon. Adding depth guys like wright and peluso, means a thorbs, mittens (if wave NMC), or burmi, etc could be moved to get a NHL calibre dman.

I agree that there is something brewing that we aren't necessarily expecting. And I'll reiterate my confidence in the people running the show. :nod:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I agree. That fourth shutdown line could be pretty damn intimidating if they have enough hockey skills to compete there.

Everyone on this board has been in love with the Jets organization and their ability/willingness to scout and build the team without breaking the bank for superstars. I don't think that there is even a remote possibility that Chevy and co. don't have a plan here.

We may not see it (none of us have the access to the scouting that they do I'm sure), but I'm confident that the plan exists.

The mythical super secret plan that makes Chevy smarter than every other hockey executive alive...of course. Awesome. I'm so relieved it's not possible that Chevy makes a mistake thanks to this plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00