Contract Termination: [WPG] Byfuglien with the Jets (mod warning OP)

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Is there any type of source for this? Everything I’ve seen is to the contrary.
uhh go back to the giant thread about it. everyone was saying they were gonna stall till they could either get assets or block him from signing

idk go to the buff thread like a month before tdl is around when they figured out they could free up his cap

pictman

Mar 7, 2012
pictish hills
they had the option to terminate betore the tdl

and tbh the reason they didnt was they didnt want him signing with another team and getting boned in the playoffs.

tbh he may play again he just may hate their mgmt

No. Chevy offered to trade him several times. He said no. He lost the desire to play. He lost the will it took him to get and keep himself in shape to play in the NHL. Just like he is a unique player , he is a unique person. He doesn't need the extra 14 million to go fishing and drink beer. He's done.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
buff vs chara? ever happen?
eh, Buff vs Pronger was a better battle in their primes IMO

Chara post 40 and Buff post 35 is not going to be the bout it once could have been. It would be like that pacquiao vs mayweather fight when they were both in the twilight of their careers

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
We paid cici 4.5M for 1 year. Buffs stats are way better than cicis. corsi , points you name it . ? I dont see why it's far fetched to pay him 2M

Buff walked away from 14 million dollars. He’s not taking a one year deal for 2 million dollars, especially to Toronto of all places. Buff is a character but very reserved and doesn’t like talking to the media. He’s not throwing himself into the media circus in Toronto.

Plain and simple, he’s done with hockey.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
they had the option to terminate betore the tdl

and tbh the reason they didnt was they didnt want him signing with another team and getting boned in the playoffs.

tbh he may play again he just may hate their mgmt
Jets' GM said directly that he asked Buff if he would like a trade to play for another team, at the beginning of the season and again in February before the TDL. Buff told Chevy that he wasn't looking to play elsewhere, he just didn't want to play. So I guess there was a lot of misguided speculation in that HFBoards thread.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I think Byfuglien hated playing wing and was really pissed when put there with the Jets.
Also started as a winger in Chicago. If he decided he's coming back (unlikely) and a team decided that he should play wing instead of d (Even more unlikely) AND buff was cool playing as a winger instead of d for a fraction of his previous contract (more chance of me winning the lottery)... then, yeah, he wouldn't be totally out of place as a winger. It's just that there is a higher likelihood of me finding a buried unicorn in my back yard than this sequence of events

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Also started as a winger in Chicago. If he decided he's coming back (unlikely) and a team decided that he should play wing instead of d (Even more unlikely) AND buff was cool playing as a winger instead of d for a fraction of his previous contract (more chance of me winning the lottery)... then, yeah, he wouldn't be totally out of place as a winger. It's just that there is a higher likelihood of me finding a buried unicorn in my back yard than this sequence of events
I bet you haven't even checked for one! :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad