Contract Termination: [WPG] Byfuglien with the Jets (mod warning OP)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'd take a chance on him on the leafs 1 year 2M
o_O

Sure, a man known to avoid the media/not like the spot light that prefers fishing and hunting to playing hockey walks away from $14 million in the smallest market in the league (near his home town with easy access to rivers, lakes, wildlife) signs in the fishbowl that is Toronto? For $2 million. I bet that will happen.:laugh:

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I don't understand the logic of fans who think he may want to play hockey again for their team.

Buff walked away from 14 million over 2 years because he decided he was finished. The guy does whatever he feels like, which is usually fishing.

Reactions: 1989

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I can see no way he wants to Toronto, but Florida, why not, Tallon, Q and good fisihing(?)
He should go back to the jets. He has history with them and would by far be their best defender. That blueline is really weak.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
He should go back to the jets. He has history with them and would by far be their best defender. That blueline is really weak.
You might not follow hockey that much, but he just had his contract with the jets terminated. So I don’t think that’s an option.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
But he fits the Leafs biggest need? A big RHD (on hopefully a discounted contract)???
He was the same in Jets and played first PP, why should he tanke a discount and maybe not even PP1?

He does not like media, why would he play in Toronto? Florida or Arizona would make much more sense if he wants to play, but I hope he retires and becomes a fulltime dad

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You might not follow hockey that much, but he just had his contract with the jets terminated. So I don’t think that’s an option.
1355331549061.jpg

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
While I don't agree with him playing wing, and actually agree he's probably done, it's not as if buff didn't play wing before. Both he and burns are converted wingers that played better as a defenceman.

Byfuglien was a converted defenseman when he got to Chicago. He was drafted as a defenseman but with Chicago’s blue line set, they converted him to wing. He’s always been a defenseman.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Byfuglien was a converted defenseman when he got to Chicago. He was drafted as a defenseman but with Chicago’s blue line set, they converted him to wing. He’s always been a defenseman.
Semantics. Point is, he's played wing, so at one point he had the capability to play that position. Again though, nobody would sign him for the purpose of playing wing

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
All evidence and interviews point to him not wanting to play hockey anymore, but sure, let's go with the experts' baseless beliefs of a fractured relationship instead. That's peak HFBoards.
Alright I'll trust you instead!

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1