Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Adam Lowry signs extension with the Jets (5 years, $3.25M AAV)

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Wow that's some pretty ridiculous stuff. To try and make a point you try and say Noesen has 4th round value. Yup I am convinced.
How about the value for SJ to not have him and gain a contract spot? I dont even know many teams that would take 28 year old Ahl Player for free. He probably played his last NHL game this year and to make a point he now has 4th round pick value. Seriously?

You just made your argument worse by saying it was beneficial for San Jose to dump Noesen. If they didn’t dump Noesen, then perhaps Toronto would offer less than a fourth round pick to eat 25% of the contract.

So, for you to say that giving up a first + was “100% salary” is just absurd.

As for your ranting about Copp, I didn’t say anything about his value. I guess if you needed to deflect from your silly other comments, I totally understand. :)

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
You just made your argument worse by saying it was beneficial for San Jose to dump Noesen. If they didn’t dump Noesen, then perhaps Toronto would offer less than a fourth round pick to eat 25% of the contract.

So, for you to say that giving up a first + was “100% salary” is just absurd.

As for your ranting about Copp, I didn’t say anything about his value. I guess if you needed to deflect from your silly other comments, I totally understand. :)

What? Well that wasn't the point I guessed you missed it so let me be clear. Noesen has zero value.....none. You can pretend its a 4th round pick if you want but its not.

You are trying to compare the value of Foligno to Copp are you not? Otherwise why are you bringing up Foligno? Oh I know its because people on this board are trying to say the return for Foligno is what Copp would bring.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
There's 3rd line centers like Kyle Turris and then 3rd line centers like Lowry. Adam Lowry is the kind of player you put out against a big number 1 center and he plays him to a draw. I equate him to Backlund. He doesn't bring the 50 points Backlund does, but he plays a shutdown game in the same way and is a much bigger body. He makes any team he's on better.

Agree 100%. Would have loved the Oilers to take a run at him if he made it to free agency. But you dont pay a player like that 4.5 mllion like the poster I responded to suggested.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Agree 100%. Would have loved the Oilers to take a run at him if he made it to free agency. But you dont pay a player like that 4.5 mllion like the poster I responded to suggested.
I'd consider it honestly if we didn't have Backlund and Lindholm as good 2 way centers. I'd still consider it if Ryan goes elsewhere. It's hard to shelter two lines and Monahan already needs sheltering. I'm a big fan of Lowry, I'd take him ahead of Danault and I'll be shocked if Danault doesn't get 4.5 as a UFA.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Now tell me about their contracts. Is Copp playing for 1.375 mill? Nope he got a first because of his salary. Copp isn't getting a first. If you think so who is giving up a first and paying him off his best year ever?
Who’s trading Copp anyways? I don't think the Jets will. I feel he will be protected and signed by Chevy for somewhere around 5 millin per for 6 years.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Who’s trading Copp anyways? I don't think the Jets will. I feel he will be protected and signed by Chevy for somewhere around 5 millin per for 6 years.

I agree we shouldn’t trade Copp, means either we lose Appleton, expose Lowry or make a deal with Seattle though.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I have always been a big fan of Adam Lowry. I wish he was on the Blues. Great signing for Lowry and the Jets.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
whoa, copp ain't getting anywhere near 5 million, fans are fans but he's worth the same or less than Lowry

just because #9 had a stretch where I could call him #99 for a few games doesn'r mean you get to go full Leafs GM mode and offer 5 million!

:banghead:

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
LMAO!

Thanks for the morning chuckle. :D
You may be under estimating just how loyal True North is. If Copp wants to stay they will pay him that. Its cheaper then what Little got and by that point Little was on the way down.

Copp is rising and is very versatile. He will be getting that much. Just a matter of from who.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Far too much for far too long.
I’m not disagreeing. I simply stated what I think he will be wanting based on who his agent is and what Copp can provide. And i feel Chevy may bite as they are very loyal. Remember Little’s contract? He was on the way down not up like Copp.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
You may be under estimating just how loyal True North is. If Copp wants to stay they will pay him that. Its cheaper then what Little got and by that point Little was on the way down.

Copp is rising and is very versatile. He will be getting that much. Just a matter of from who.

True North makes very wise investments with its salary cap dollars. Look at our core and what they signed for. With the exception of our captain, these were all under-market rates. Look what Lowry just signed for.

We are also in a flat cap world, unlike when Little signed when he had a history of established production, not a single career year in a shortened season like Copp.

If Overcharge wants to exact that type of contract for Copp, the Jets would not sign it.

Reactions: Snowman

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I agree with the Jet fans above. If Copp insists on $5 mil/6 years or something close to it, he'll no longer be a Jet.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
I’m not disagreeing. I simply stated what I think he will be wanting based on who his agent is and what Copp can provide. And i feel Chevy may bite as they are very loyal. Remember Little’s contract? He was on the way down not up like Copp.
Not trying to disrespect Copp but I've seen on other posts pertaining to the Leafs that Zach Hyman will be looking for term and $4.5 million. I'd rather give Hyman the $5 million than Copp.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
If Copp wants to stay, he'll be signing for much lower than 5 million a year. Chevy isn't going to bend to Overcharge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad