Would you trade our First Round Draft Pick for a top Left Defenseman

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Not going to get Sanheim or Hanifin for the 8th.

Guess we disagree then. If there is a player there that either the Canes or the Flyers think could be a #1C (Mittelstadt, Vilardi, etc?) that's what I'm asking for or I'm just making the draft pick. #8 is very likely to be a very high end piece. Those two teams are in the same position except mirror image to us. They need high end forward talent and have D assets to move to get one.

Both likely have high picks of their own so they might just draft their own forward, but those types of players are who I would be targeting with that pick, anything less and I'd rather just make the pick. A guy like Heiskannen (if he's there) is already playing in a Men's league and could be ready sooner than we think.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Trade Myers and some others in a big blockbuster to save our selfs from the expansion, pick Makar or Liljegren, see if there's any good Goaltenders by their second round pick, jump into the free agency looking for a hefty lefty(a good) D-Man and try and pull out some Goalies from free agency. And there you have it we should have a playoff team(that's if the D-Man we pick in the Draft is good enough to jump into NHL territory right out of the gate) and the goalie we pick up is a saviour(meaning all are other goalies where just horrible and the pucks in the back of are net where not the result of Maurice's System).

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I've pointed to the Hamilton deal a couple of years back but that is likely an exception. The Jets don't need an elite top pairing guy anyways, a quality defense first number 3 to play with Buff is exactly what the Dr ordered imo. That piece i think could be acquired prior to the expansion draft if we can find a team in trouble. We'd have to move out one of our existing guys first.

If you're gonna leave it to byfuglien to get the job done were not gonna win anything

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not sure I would. I'd rather move it for Hanifin if that was an option. I'd probably be more interested in Sanheim as well personally.

Agree on Sanheim. In fact I would add a spare F. Wouldn't use that pick for Ghost. I'd be happy to get him but that is not the price.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What about Juolevi for our "8th" ? Might even be a possibility.

Why would Van trade last year's #5 for this years #8?

He failed to take a great leap forward this year but he was still good. By definition he is 1 year more developed. I year closer to the NHL.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
I do find the 2nd question funny: an elite Dman under 25, to replace Enstrom. Enstrom part is unnecessary shouldn't even be on the team, he is just stuck because we pay him 5+ million. He is not an NHL Dman.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
I've pointed to the Hamilton deal a couple of years back but that is likely an exception. The Jets don't need an elite top pairing guy anyways, a quality defense first number 3 to play with Buff is exactly what the Dr ordered imo. That piece i think could be acquired prior to the expansion draft if we can find a team in trouble. We'd have to move out one of our existing guys first.

Huh? We need an elite top pairing for sure. We actually probably need 2 strong young D. Assume Myers might not play again at 100% or on this team. Byfuglien is, at this rate, going to be injured for long periods because he's over played, he will wear out. We need a top guy to play with Buff on the 2nd pair, and a solid guy on the 3rd.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
The string of recent injuries to our Defensive corpse has really exposed how shallow we ate on the blue line. Getting out shot at a 2:1 ratio, with nobody in the pipeline for the foreseeable future except Poorman. If Chevy does not move on this on the summer he should be let go.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00