• No

• Under right circumstances

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Slightly off-topic but it's ridiculous that any of us know about any of this. Social media is unraveling so many people and relationships. And even without drama like this, social media is a toxic slow drip of dopamine that we'll all agree in 10 years is a terrible way to live daily. I'd love to pop M&M's every minute but I know it would be really bad for me. That's the conclusion I hope we all make sooner than later.

But on the question, with the information explaining why he's available, I wouldn't touch him. There's something really unhealthy going on there. I hope Hoffman and his wife sort out their issues but at a safe distance.

Reactions: Voodoo Child

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Hoffman is a low iq, one trick pony. He is dumb on and off the ice. No thanks.

Also no thanks to Logan Brown. Might as well bring back Joe Colborne.. because that’s exactly who Logan Brown is.

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
we're actually kinda overflowing with wingers with skill right now, more not far away in the system too, we for sure need a D or a center before more wingers

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
It would be a great "buy low" opportunity but this story will never leave him in Toronto. That alone might push Dubas (or any other big market team) in the opposite direction.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
tenor.gif

Reason: We kicked kessel out how the hell do you think we'll deal with him.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Absolutely.

Guy’s an awesome player, and now is a great buy low opportunity.

Why is he buy low? Because his GF? I thought the intent was for Ottawa to trade EK. Has it been proven?

Sounds like HFBoards jumps the gun.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Why is he buy low? Because his GF? I thought the intent was for Ottawa to trade EK. Has it been proven?

When Ex-Sen player's wife come and back the Karlsson's..something is up. It's not often that happens to be very honest. Whether it is in Pro sports or in Real life.

As a hockey exec, it would be more to see if we can buy him dirt low, and leafs are very strong on the character aspect, we can perhaps buy but high chance flip too.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Out of all of the teams in the NHL, Leafs are the least likely to get him.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
If I'm the Oilers, I would definitely take a chance on Hoffman and take advantage of the low price.

Its well worth the risk when you have few options to improve your team.

But if I'm the Leafs, it's not worth the risk to mess up your dressing room especially when you are flush with fast, talented wingers.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
This sounds like one of the most toxic locker room situations I’ve ever heard of. Hoffman is a talented player, but NO f***ING WAY would I want to bring that toxicity into our locker room. Not even close to worth it.

He should go somewhere way out of the spotlight, like Arizona, or ... the AHL.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

He's the ultimate buy low candidate.

1) Hoffman's ability to bounce back from this ridicule/bad press is a complete unknown (his career might tank completely next season)
2) Ottawa already had him as trade bait according to multiple sources
3) Ottawa's dressing room is a mess (Hoffman can't go back whether his GF is innocent or guilty)
4) Ottawa either trades Hoffman or both EK + Hoffman (It's a PR disaster to keep Hoffman after this and look like you're "siding" with him over Karlsson)

Teams are taking a risk by bringing him and that will be priced into any trade offer.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Not sure how anyone could not want a productive winger like Hoffman.

As for his little public spat, no one actually knows whats going on there. It's tough for the Internet to admit but you really don't know unless you were there.

Reactions: cookie

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
If I'm the Oilers, I would definitely take a chance on Hoffman and take advantage of the low price.

Its well worth the risk when you have few options to improve your team.

But if I'm the Leafs, it's not worth the risk to mess up your dressing room especially when you are flush with fast, talented wingers.
I think it might be worth it for Edmonton to take a shot at him. He is tailor made to play with McDavid.

For us however no.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Slightly off-topic but it's ridiculous that any of us know about any of this. Social media is unraveling so many people and relationships. And even without drama like this, social media is a toxic slow drip of dopamine that we'll all agree in 10 years is a terrible way to live daily. I'd love to pop M&M's every minute but I know it would be really bad for me. That's the conclusion I hope we all make sooner than later.

But on the question, with the information explaining why he's available, I wouldn't touch him. There's something really unhealthy going on there. I hope Hoffman and his wife sort out their issues but at a safe distance.

You know hfboards is social media, right?

Reactions: cookie

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
What baggage? Karlsson wife is being trolled on social media by someone impersonating Hoffman's wife.
Yeah without knowing much of the story this was what I assumed too. Hoff and his Lady swear they weren't involved......
If the Leaf PI's someone mentioned can figure that out quickly then sure, take advantage of a possible buy low.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Not sure how anyone could not want a productive winger like Hoffman.

As for his little public spat, no one actually knows whats going on there. It's tough for the Internet to admit but you really don't know unless you were there.
We don't know what's going on, but we do how toxic the situation is.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
I would not absolve Hoffman of his GF's behavior. If you go by the other wives' Twitter posts (esp Kodette LaBarbera, but also Turris and Hammond) you'd find out that Miss Crazy was fixated on Karlsson's wife for the longest time and that after April things really ramped up. There's no chance Hoffman wasn't aware of what was going on. It only speaks volumes of Melinda Karlsson that she didn't bring up this behavior until after the season was over so as to not cause a distraction to what was shaping up to being a forgettable year.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
For me, the circumstances depend entirely on how much he knew about the harassment. It is possible that he's an utter dope and truly didn't know or is abused himself and couldn't figure out a way to stop it from going on. It sucks, but bad family situations can make good people do very bad things, so I don't want to assign personal blame to Hoffman until there are more facts (which I doubt we will ever hear as fans). If he was at least somewhat innocent and she goes away, then he's a good enough player to put on a Maple Leafs sweater. If she sticks around then he needs some goddamn counseling and to play hockey anywhere else.

If he wasn't innocent and was involved in any way then he should probably go play hockey in Europe because what the f***?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad