• Yes

• No

• Under right circumstances

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think he's a really good player but I wouldn't give up much for a winger.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Depends on the acquisition cost. If you can get him for a 3rd and Martin or with retention you do it. Gambling 2.6 million and a 3rd on any of the below

-she didn't do it
-she did do it but he had no idea and at this point is in denial/ a good man standing with his partner (believes her side that she didn't do it, not that he condones it) and he ends things when she's found guilty
--she did do it but he had no idea and at this point is in denial/ a good man standing with his partner (believes her side that she didn't do it, not that he condones it), it turns out that she is deeply troubled and ends up in some serious councilling/ rehab and while disgusted at what she did he stands by her hoping its something that can be "cured".

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Hoffman will never be looked at the same if he stays with his GF and she is guilty. He might not have known about the messages himself (I would actually expect he didn't know she was doing it) but there is no one he wouldn't have known about her hatred towards Mrs. Karlsson. That alone should have sent alarms off in Hoffman's head when he spoke with Erik about the situation.

At some point it seems like he didn't ask the questions he needed to. He stood by his GF 150%, which is great to support your fiance and all but if he even had the slightest indication that this could have been happening it was a dumb move by him.

If she is found guilty, then he messed up because he should have been more careful with what she said. He will be guilty as association to everyone else at that point. He has to leave her if he wants a chance after that.

If she is innocent, well then things have got a hell of a lot more interesting.

Falon

May 21, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
No way, not in a hockey media mad market like Toronto. Whether innocent or not, it doesn't matter anymore. The cats outta the bag, and it will dog the player, the woman and whichever team he belongs to.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I said the other day sjs 2nd and Leivo for him and Chabot and then buy him out before he lands.

The Sens wouldn't give up Chabot, but they might Logan Brown. Same applies.
No just no we dont want to pay 2.55 million for 4 years an no roster spot. Holy sweet summer heat.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
His GF is hot in a cray-cray way so I say yes.
Wouldn't mind running into her in a bar for a bit.

dzombs

Jul 8, 2016
Don't need cancerous people around our good kids. Even if it wasn't him he is associated with his long term gf and we don't need shit from her either

Reactions: Al14

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Yes, for pennies on the dollar.

Conditional on his fiancee never being allowed to enter the ACC. Permanent ban for her from team related functions.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Not so sure it’s just the partner, just rumours of course, but there are rumblings about him going back to being cut by his hometown Kitchener Rangers and ending up in Hull, then being a problem child in a too long for his talent AHL career. Too much baggage to bring to a young team.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
What baggage? Karlsson wife is being trolled on social media by someone impersonating Hoffman's wife.

So Hammonds wife's quote about the wives knowing about this issue all along and it being unfortunate that it is in the public eye now means nothing?
It's not just one person accusing her... the other Sens wags all knew about it. There are quotes from a few of them kicking about if you look, Turris's wife to name another.

The guy is tainted now. He has to cut ties with her or his career and everything he has worked for will get flushed down the drain.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Yes, for pennies on the dollar.

Conditional on his fiancee never being allowed to enter the ACC. Permanent ban for her from team related functions.
Banning her from attending the ACC, and other team functions, doesn't stop her from using social media to harass anyone! It's her M.O. to use her phone, iPad, or computer to spread her toxic crap!

However, she is still innocent til proven guilty.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
If we are going after potential problem players and personal life issues do not matter, then I would rather have the Leafs take a chance on signing Slava Voynov who actually fills a need then to trade assets for Hoffman.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Melinda is one of the nicest sweetest girls. When other players wives aren’t surprised at this and are encouraging her to stand
Up for herself it means it’s been going on for a while.
Monika has said things like hoping for someone to break Melindas husbands legs to end his career.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
But HE has, as far as we know done nothing wrong , just because his girlfriend appears to be a piece of **** doesn't mean he is.

I'd take him stick him with Matthews and Nylander and run

Hoffman Matthews Nylander

Marleau Kadri Marner

Although I would want 50% retention
At this point, he is guilty by association, until she is proven to be innocent.

You say you want him to play with Matthews and Nylander, then, you expect Ottawa to give him to us with a 50% retention. Why should they if he is good enough to play on our top line?

What assets are you willing to trade to Ottawa?

TimPeel

Dec 10, 2017
Sens are a shit show right now from the top down. Last thing we need is to help them out of an implosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad