• Under right circumstances

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I would absolutely 100% trade for Hoffman at this time. All the hoopla surrounding him was caused by his girlfriend and not him. Guy is a fantastic hockey player and would add an element that this team DESPERATELY needs: a good, hard clap titty bomb. I'm 100% on board with trading for Hoffman, especially with his value so low. You never say no to pure, real talent. Also keep in mind that LW is our weakest position on the organizational depth chart. Just my $0.02
What's a "clap titty bomb"? Eh asking for a friend :nod:

Reactions: Elephanto

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
What's a "clap titty bomb"? Eh asking for a friend :nod:

Hahaha usually I just call it a clap bomb but essentially it means a slap shot. Whenever my friends and I talk hockey slang we always refer to the top shelf as "top titty" and then we just throw around a bunch of slang words that make sense, but yes Hoffman does have a lethal clap titty and that's something we desperately need!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Hahaha usually I just call it a clap bomb but essentially it means a slap shot. Whenever my friends and I talk hockey slang we always refer to the top shelf as "top titty" and then we just throw around a bunch of slang words that make sense, but yes Hoffman does have a lethal clap titty and that's something we desperately need!
Ok I was leaning that way. I know the bomb and the flapper and to be honest I was hoping for a bluer explanation that that hahaha
:cheers:

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Reminder:

- These are still allegations
- Karlsson is not coming to Toronto
- My low-bar trade example in OP was for Martin, not prospects
- JVR’s goal output needs replacing
- We’re losing at least 3 wingers July 1
- The 20-something year old professional athletes on the Leafs now are not children
- Shanahan himself had dressing room “issues” back in the day

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I mean...They are allegations. The Karlssons are saying she has been making online accounts and threatening her...It could be literally anyone making these accounts.

Hoffman is an elite sniper and would be a welcomed addition but ideally i would like to add someone who is a strong forechecker and a guy that scores more from the inside as opposed to a perimiter sniper. But he would be absolutely lethal on the powerplay with marner.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
solid no to Hoffman, other than EK (which isn't going to happen) Pageau is the players on the Sen's I'd like to see on the Leafs. He has the heart of Uncle Leo, but is still on the upswing. That being said I doubt he's available.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Not sure how Dubas can propose this but if he could somehow structure a deal like a 5th rounder for hoffman but with a conditional 2nd if he leave his girlfriend by the start of the season or something. Not sure how or if it is even allowed in the rules to make a deal like that... This is where we could have used Lou Lamorello for deals like this

"with a conditional 2nd if he leave his girlfriend"

I'm convinced you made this statement with complete sincerity....if that's true....than it's actually hilarious. And not because it's stupid....I agree with the line of thought....it's just hilarious.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
There isn't a team in the league that will touch this guy with a ten foot poll. Who in their right mind would bring this mess into their room? His career is over imho, unless completely exonerated or he dumps her.

Quite the the conundrum you've presented here...

DANY HEATLY
1. Kills his NHL teammate.
2. Becomes an NHL superstar.

MIKE HOFFMAN
1. Girlfriend sends mean tweets (maybe).
2. "His career is over IMHO".

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Quite the the conundrum you've presented here...

DANY HEATLY
1. Kills his NHL teammate.
2. Becomes an NHL superstar.

MIKE HOFFMAN
1. Girlfriend sends mean tweets (maybe).
2. "His career is over IMHO".
That is so silly dude. As an aside the fact other wives came out and supported these allegations says a lot about how this guy and his girlfriend are viewed around the league. Why would anyone bring that cancer into a room and undermine team unity? Why hasn’t he been traded already, this isn’t a new story btw? Exactly. Ten foot pole.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
That is so silly dude. As an aside the fact other wives came out and supported these allegations says a lot about how this guy and his girlfriend are viewed around the league. Why would anyone bring that cancer into a room and undermine team unity? Why hasn’t he been traded already, this isn’t a new story btw? Exactly. Ten foot pole.

Probably because Dorion doesn't wan't to cave under pressure & sell him for nothing at the worst possible time....because as we've seen....things always blow over if your a good athlete.

Don't like the Dany Heatly analogy?

How about Kobe....do you remember when he was on trial for rape?

I doubt it....he had an 80 point game the year after.

Mike Vick started a dog fighting racket....but he could still QB after prison.

You think their teammates were all OK with raping women & killing dogs?

Nope....but they....like Hoffman.....could still play.....and that's history.

Last edited:

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
As much as people like to laugh at us...

Ottawa allowed this situation to fester, and instead of moving him when it was largely contained and they could have at least got good value, they drag it out so they return an inferior player who is more or less a cap dump, and then even switch to a lower pick!

You think this all but guarantees Karlsson re-signs? That's far from a sure thing, especially if they lose next year, which it looks like they're going to, a lot. Ottawa doesn't have a MacKinnon and a Rantanen coming up to carry the team.

Earlier, they flipped a lottery pick for Matt Duchene. I think the prudent thing is to take their medicine and give Colorado the '18 pick, because I don't see them being better next year.

A member of their front office is currently in court over sexual harassment allegations.

Look at Bobby Ryan. Unless they retain half or give up a good young asset, no one will touch him.

Melnyk won't even entertain the prospect of a rink downtown. People have been calling for his head for years.

I mean damn, you have to go back over thirty years with us to find anything that bad!

Last edited:

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I would argue that Boedker is a negative value with 2 years and 4 mill left. Ottawa basically got nothing.
Sharks room with Kane and Hoffman sounds delightful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad