Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Voted no, because as he is playing now he's not worth the 12,000,000.
Of course I want him to stay, I want him to grow his family here and I want to see him in an Ottawa jersey forever, but this isn't a heart decision, it's a mind and wallet decision. Now, if he were to take 8-9 MM, then right away of course!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He is one of the most unique and talented players to EVER play the game. You do whatever you can to sign him.

However, Karlsson reputation will only be tarnished playing on a team with Dorion as GM and Melnyk as owner.

It's in his best interest to leave.

you know some times you post some really stupid stuff but saying that Melnyk owning the team will tarnish his reputation .... wow

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
you know some times you post some really stupid stuff but saying that Melnyk owning the team will tarnish his reputation .... wow

Lol

It's because Melnyk will never spend the money.

That combined with Dorion being one of the worst GM in the league ensures that we will be mediocre for a very long time.

Which means Karlsson will miss out on trophies and stanley cups, thus tarnishing his reputation as one of the best defensmen of all time

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I voted no because we would have to give him term. It's a tough call as a natural talent and ability doesn't come by often. I think his body is going to wear out within 4 years, which will rank his contract up there with Phaneuf's and Ryan's. (Might be different if he had a stronger supporting cast). If PD gets a great offer, he should run with it.

Last edited:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I would give him a blank cheque and let him decide.

I don't think EK would take 12M, he's not stupid.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Hi.

As you may know, we would have the worst defense in the entire league with subpar goaltending.

Game over, indeed.

We could probably find a FA. Our offence would be insane probably one of the best in the league.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
He’s not worth 12M a year, but he’s definitely better than Subban, who makes 9M, so rationally 12M is not crazy. The market is simply inflated.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
EK in current condition going forward - NO
EK in his old form going forward - little bit too much, but YES.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Tavares for Karlsson makes us a better team

How? You're taking the best player from a position of weakness and replacing him with a guy at a position of strength. Duchene and brassard are not tavaras, but they're much closer to him than chabot, phaneuf and ceci are to karlsson.

The defense needs karlsson a lot more than the offense does tavares.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hi.

As you may know, we would have the worst defense in the entire league with subpar goaltending.

Game over, indeed.

Don't we have one of the worse defence corps now with Karlsson in the lineup?

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Don't we have one of the worse defence corps now with Karlsson in the lineup?

Its a good thing the Sens have Oduya, Phaneuf, Ceci, Boro and various AHL players etc etc to replace those stalwarts Cowen, Weircioch, Gryba etc that he has played with over the years..

This year when Karlsson cant carry them due to his own struggles in this post injury year you get a glimpse of what it would be like without him.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
How? You're taking the best player from a position of weakness and replacing him with a guy at a position of strength. Duchene and brassard are not tavaras, but they're much closer to him than chabot, phaneuf and ceci are to karlsson.

The defense needs karlsson a lot more than the offense does tavares.

I’d much rather excel at one area then be mediocre at all positions. Our offence would be insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad