Worst Goaltender Interference Call in History- CGY/EDM

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
I honestly cant figure out why people are so certain that that should be a goal. McDavid's skate dragged the goalies blocker and dragged him out of position, right where the puck ended up going. its goalie interference

Yep, I don't think this is anywhere near the worst goaltender interference review - this week.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The overhead view shows the goalie had at least a second or two for stromes shot. Pretty much mcdavid nicked the stick but didn't run into the goalie.
He was able to stand up and completely reset.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The goalie slid out of position because he was following McDavid cross ice. Then he had time to stand up and get across and still missed the save.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
I honestly cant figure out why people are so certain that that should be a goal. McDavid's skate dragged the goalies blocker and dragged him out of position, right where the puck ended up going. its goalie interference
It went glove side.. after the goalie reset.

Get eyes

Reactions: Evil Speaker
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary

It's taking away from the game when they review and over turn stuff like this.. you can argue it's interference, but why have refs then?

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
McDavid initiated contact in the crease, goalie was dragged out of position, and before he had a chance to reset the puck was in the back of the net.
its tough because he has nowhere to go. You can actually get goalies to play taht strategy. Stick your blocker out as far as possible and draw the goalie interference if they score

StupidityKills

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta
McDavid initiated contact in the crease, goalie was dragged out of position, and before he had a chance to reset the puck was in the back of the net.

If this is what happened then yes, should be GI. Even if he had "time to reset it would still be GI. I'll wait for a video and see for myself I guess.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
That’s non sense considering he stood up and reset.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
its tough because he has nowhere to go. You can actually get goalies to play taht strategy. Stick your blocker out as far as possible and draw the goalie interference if they score
It's tough for McDavid, no doubt. BUT I don't think any goalie is going to purposely let themselves be dragged out of position and hope the refs get the call right. That just seems highly unlikely to me given how inconsistent goalie interference is called these days.

Regardless, I think the refs got the call right this time. Tough break for sure tho, it could've gone either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad