Worst Goaltender Interference Call in History- CGY/EDM

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
he reset in the center of the net? when he would have been in position to stop the puck on his glove hand side, had he not been dragged across the other side of the net

Dragged? Watch it again. McDavid clipped the goalie stick then he reset when the shot was fired on net.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
he reset in the center of the net? when he would have been in position to stop the puck on his glove hand side, had he not been dragged across the other side of the net
If you think he was dragged than the conversations between us ends there. That’s complete utter non sense.

Reactions: Smart Alek

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Yup it was garbage. Seems like that's been a more common trend this year in comparison to past years.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
By the letter of the rule it was probably goaltender interference.

The league needs to change how goalie interference is called though. This shit is bad for hockey.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
McDavid scores shootout winner (Flames had another shooter)

Skates by the ref, points up, asks if they want to review it.

My stomach hurts, I'm laughing so hard.

Reactions: BlackDogg

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
They realised the new rules were creating too many goals so now they create ways to take some away. :sarcasm:

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I saw McDavid went left to right which has the goalie naturally making the same motion. Contact was made with the blocker but nothing to show it pulled the goalie out. Puck went out to the left and a second later the player scored. Nothing to show that the goalie couldn't make the save. The league is so incompetent at these calls its impossible to know anymore.

Reactions: jbobell98 and nabob

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Honestly, this is pretty consistent with all the other calls. Make any contact at all in the blue paint that might have possibly, even if likely not, impacted the goalie's ability to make the save, it's goaltender interference.

The one outlier was the Chicago allowed goal the other night.

Give all these calls to the situation room. Set a consistent standard.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
That's bad.

What you said?

This is terrible, too.

Really bad week for the league. These two tonight, the Matthews no goal, the Leafs no goal when Glass blatantly flopped on minimal contact, the goal allowed when Anisimov was on top of Andersen. Just...bad.

Haggard

High and Wide
Aug 15, 2005
Edmonton
Apparently if you see the goaltender before the game and say hi, and give him a fist bump, BOOM! Goaltender interference.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
If you think he was dragged than the conversations between us ends there. That’s complete utter non sense.
whatever you want to call it, McDavid's skate did make contact with the goalies blocker, pulling it across as he skated by. You can argue whatever you want, but that contact right there pulled some of the goalie's momentum to his blocker side, leaving a wider opening on the goalies glove side.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I honestly cant figure out why people are so certain that that should be a goal. McDavid's skate dragged the goalies blocker and dragged him out of position, right where the puck ended up going. its goalie interference

If this is the definition of goalie interference, then the simple solution is to just whistle play dead when players enter the crease, right? You can't disagree with that if you really believe what you're saying.

Reactions: nabob

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
it constitutes goalie interference today. In the next game a goalie can get beaten over the face with a baseball bat and the goal could stand. The league has no clue what it's doing

Couldn't agree more. In the last week the league has called back a goal for the tiniest of tiny stick bumps - where the goalie has had time to get up and reset - but allowed a goal when a player was sprawled spread eagled on the goalie's back. No one gets it.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
it constitutes goalie interference today. In the next game a goalie can get beaten over the face with a baseball bat and the goal could stand. The league has no clue what it's doing

Yeah the call on the ice was good goal too initially. I dunno, in game 5 of the playoffs last year we had a dude holding open Talbots pad in the crease for like 5 seconds but that was a good goal. Not this though?

I don't care what they make the rule. Just enforce your rules more consistently. I have been watching hockey for 25 years and these last 3 seasons have been the worst officiated by a long shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad