Prospect Info: World Junior Championships 2014-2015

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Santini cut, his wrist just wasn't healed. That blows on multiple levels.

He had a chance to lead this team to gold.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Santini cut, his wrist just wasn't healed. That blows on multiple levels.

He had a chance to lead this team to gold.

I feel bad about for the kid.

Really big blow to team USA. Top 6 takes a really big blow without him. Much more average defense.

Edit: if there is any good for us to take from it is usa waited until the last possible second to cut him. Proof of how much they wanted him on the team.

Kid is a high quality talent. Real shame about his wrist.

Last edited:

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I feel bad about for the kid.

Really big blow to team USA. Top 6 takes a really big blow without him. Much more average defense.

Edit: if there is any good for us to take from it is usa waited until the last possible second to cut him. Proof of how much they wanted him on the team.

Kid is a high quality talent. Real shame about his wrist.

Agreed, if they waited this long they obviously think highly of him. As an American I am disappointed but as a Devils fan I am happy he is not rushing back into playing and potentially further hurting himself.

I believe Lou lays off the college guys in that he doesn't pressure them to sign before they are ready if they like the college experience. Anyone think Santini goes back to BC for 15-16? Or does he sign with the Devils after the season and go to the AHL?

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Agreed, if they waited this long they obviously think highly of him. As an American I am disappointed but as a Devils fan I am happy he is not rushing back into playing and potentially further hurting himself.

I believe Lou lays off the college guys in that he doesn't pressure them to sign before they are ready if they like the college experience. Anyone think Santini goes back to BC for 15-16? Or does he sign with the Devils after the season and go to the AHL?
I have a feeling he might go back to BC for one more year... then again who knows if he makes the NHL roster straight out of camp like Severson. The kid looks really promising. Was really hoping to see him in the world juniors this year especially because the first game for team Finland is against the muricans.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
I have a feeling he might go back to BC for one more year... then again who knows if he makes the NHL roster straight out of camp like Severson. The kid looks really promising. Was really hoping to see him in the world juniors this year especially because the first game for team Finland is against the muricans.

Problem is, he wouldn't be in camp if he was going back to BC - that decision would already be made. He'd play in the AHL if he left and signed with the Devils.

I don't think he'd leave midseason either. It's here college or the AHL/NHL...if he comes back here and leads BC and just crushes - then I can potentially see him leaving. But remember Merrill went back for another year post his injury, but that was more serious than Santini's.

They'll know a lot more as the season continues and his play - and then, of course, the rookie camp in July.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'd be really surprised if Santini isn't back at BC for one more year.

Me too.

At the beginning of this year I thought if he had a magical sophomore year with the World Juniors and with B.C. that there was a chance he'd leave, but I think this injury almost insures another year at B.C....

Still a lot can happen between now and March but all signs point to him doing a 3rd year.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Me too.

At the beginning of this year I thought if he had a magical sophomore year with the World Juniors and with B.C. that there was a chance he'd leave, but I think this injury almost insures another year at B.C....

Still a lot can happen between now and March but all signs point to him doing a 3rd year.

Devils are usually pretty insistent on seeing some development or translation to the NHL game before they promote, hence why guys like Matteau and Boucher are still in the "A".

Severson kind of forced their hand with how consistently good he was and how he was able to handle tough competition, tough minutes, etc las year. He took the opportunity in camp and ran with it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'd like to see the Devils not rush Santini or any other prospect.

Larsson should have spent a full season in Albany his rookie year.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'd like to see the Devils not rush Santini or any other prospect.

Larsson should have spent a full season in Albany his rookie year.

He should've stayed in the SEL for another year AND did time in Albany in my opinion.

But more than a few scouts and GM's were calling him and Landeskog the MOST NHL ready prospects in the draft...so hindsight I guess?

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Santini can go the Merrill route and spend three years in college, then play some AHL before getting called up.

This is the route I am thinking they are planning on or expecting.

Keep in mind Severson played in the WHL for Kelowna and not in the NCAA, the talent level, game, etc. is a little different so the proving ground and barometer cannot be viewed for each player as identical or even in a vacuum.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
He should've stayed in the SEL for another year AND did time in Albany in my opinion.

But more than a few scouts and GM's were calling him and Landeskog the MOST NHL ready prospects in the draft...so hindsight I guess?

OT, and i know it's been a long time, but i think lars is and has been ready to show more. hopefully the new HC can prove that

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
OT, and i know it's been a long time, but i think lars is and has been ready to show more. hopefully the new HC can prove that

I think he is a very average player on a very average development curve that has plenty of opportunity to show something...

And what he has showed is he is very average.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Very good first shift for Wood...a shot on goal. Short shift though.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
In my first 20ish seconds of watching Miles Wood play at any level, he looks as good as anyone else on Team USA so far. Had a fantastic zone entry/setup for a teammate to make a pass back to Wood, who had a dangerous shot in close.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
In my first 20ish seconds of watching Miles Wood play at any level, he looks as good as anyone else on Team USA so far. Had a fantastic zone entry/setup for a teammate to make a pass back to Wood, who had a dangerous shot in close.

It was the best scoring chance so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad