World Junior Championships 2013-2014

NC107*

I'd bet money he has an NHL career...it's just at what level is the question.

I honestly think worse case scenario is a 4th line energy type.

Ok Jim that's not a career in my opinion. Wouldn't have been worth a first round. 4th line players are easy to find and cheap money and round selections. Example: Gionta is a 4th line player, not in my opinion, but in DeBoer's opinion. In DeBoer's opinion he belongs on the first line and that will happen soon. In my opinion he belongs in the AHL for his reamining life in the NHL/AHL along with Janssen.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Ok Jim that's not a career in my opinion. Wouldn't have been worth a first round. 4th line players are easy to find and cheap money and round selections. Example: Gionta is a 4th line player, not in my opinion, but in DeBoer's opinion. In DeBoer's opinion he belongs on the first line and that will happen soon. In my opinion he belongs in the AHL for his reamining life in the NHL/AHL along with Janssen.

You know how many 1st round picks end up as checkers and 4th liners? Tons some even very high picks. Bernier is a perfect example but you can find dozens more.

NC107*

You know how many 1st round picks end up as checkers and 4th liners? Tons some even very high picks. Bernier is a perfect example but you can find dozens more.

Of course I see how Gionta is being used. How can one be a higher pick than round 1? My point is Matteau is not a top talent as I see him today.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Of course I see how Gionta is being used. How can one be a higher pick than round 1? My point is Matteau is not a top talent as I see him today.

High as in top 10...like Rob Niedermayer, Chris Grafton, Erik Rasmussen even our Zubrus is pretty much nothing more than a grinder and he was a 15th overall.

Then there are the Chipchura's, Eager's and Brian Boyle's of the first round...I can go on forever but there is no shame in picking a bottom 6 player in the first round.

The problem was and I'd we had to forfeit a pick...that makes it tough.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
If Matteau plays 1000+ games as a Zubrus clone, pick was worth it forfeit or not.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
My autocorrect spell check sucks...Chris Gratton is changed to Grafton

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think Zub's is a pretty good comparison for Matteau. Perhaps a bit grittier, and hopefully with a little more of a scoring touch.

kiwidevil

I want him to be grittier and angrier/pesty. You need players with jam who can contribute.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Matteau scores! He ties the game at 1.

and then the russians score 2-1

edit: Now Matteau gets it to Hartman who scores and ties the game.

That line is really good(Eichel,Hartman,Matteau).

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm been amazed at how quickly this USA team transitions.

They get the puck in the defensive zone and 2 seconds later they're in the other team's end.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Matteau gets a penalty(pretty weak) and then US takes another weak penalty and Russians score on 5 on 3.

And now Santini gets a delay of game 5 on 3 again for Russia. But I thought the puck hit the glass.

And now Russians take the lead.

This is Devils level of beating themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad