World Junior Championships 2013-2014

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Hey....if Cam Janssen can stay out of the penalty box for such a long time ever since he started playing for the devils again, Matteau can easily do the same.

But then again, your comment is a bit ignorant considering he has scored a goal and was very effective throughout ever since the WJC began.

I know Matteau has had a solid tournament so far but he's seems to always be on the edge. He's been a key part on that checking line and is also effective in front of the net in the PP.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Santini is a shut down guy who is not a grenade handler with the puck, nice to have that in the system.

Matteau should be a good grinder so maybe he will work well with Zajac. Maybe we see a Matteau-Zajac-Jagr line if Jags resigns here next year.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Santini is a shut down guy who is not a grenade handler with the puck, nice to have that in the system.

Matteau should be a good grinder so maybe he will work well with Zajac. Maybe we see a Matteau-Zajac-Jagr line if Jags resigns here next year.

I like Santini speed with the puck.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

From what I've seen of him, he doesn't look at all like a grenade handler at all. As long as he can make a nice little tape to tape pass to his first outlet, that's all I need from a player like him.

GhostofKenKlee

I think Matteau gets a bad rap from the Devils fans. I've had a problem with the Devils not drafting players in the past like Paul Stasny or John Carlson (whom they know from family or locality) and Matteau comes from good NHL Stock. He works out/trains with Zubrus in Montreal and is a player that the Devils lack in their system.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
From what I've seen of him, he doesn't look at all like a grenade handler at all. As long as he can make a nice little tape to tape pass to his first outlet, that's all I need from a player like him.

Yea that 's what I mean, he's good with the puck.

He doesn't fumble the puck around and looks comfortable with it.

edit: Nice play by Santini by taking away the passing lane from Drouin on a 2 on 1

Last edited:

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
He can be the MVP and won't stop complaining about that.

At the time I agreed with Lou keeping the pick. I still think the 2012 #29 is more valuable than 2014 #20.

But Lou biggest mistake is not signing Semin when Parise left. I still have no clue why Lou pasted on him.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Who will have the better NHL career?

McDavid or Eichel?

Interesting question during the intermission.

McDavid, but Eichel is a great consolation prize

that 2015 top-4 is incredible though. McDavid, Eichel, Barzal and Strome. wow

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

At the time I agreed with Lou keeping the pick. I still think the 2012 #29 is more valuable than 2014 #20.

But Lou biggest mistake is not signing Semin when Parise left. I still have no clue why Lou pasted on him.

I disagree.

First off, we're not a top #10 team, so I don't know why you have us forfeiting the 20th overall pick and Semin was probably not a option because our owner was broke at the time and probably told Lou to minimize the best way he knew how.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
US is so the Devils in this game. Really they carried a lot of play but couldn't score. When Canada carried the play for any length of time they scored. Oh well, gonna be a tough road for the US now.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
McDavid, but Eichel is a great consolation prize

that 2015 top-4 is incredible though. McDavid, Eichel, Barzal and Strome. wow

You could probably throw that kid from last year's Shattuck prep team in there too. I watched a couple of their games and he was filthy. Can't think of his name now but I wanna say he plays for st. John's in the Q now.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
You could probably throw that kid from last year's Shattuck prep team in there too. I watched a couple of their games and he was filthy. Can't think of his name now but I wanna say he plays for st. John's in the Q now.

only guy I can think of is Nathan Noel, if thats who you mean

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I disagree.

First off, we're not a top #10 team, so I don't know why you have us forfeiting the 20th overall pick and Semin was probably not a option because our owner was broke at the time and probably told Lou to minimize the best way he knew how.

You don't have to be a #10 team. Winning the 1st round gets to over 20. East is pretty bad and we luck out with how the playoff picture works now.

Semin signed a 1 year deal well after we offer a crazy contract to Parise.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Completely satisfied with that game today.

I wouldnt say USA "dominated", but they badly outplayed Canada for large stretches of the game, and only fell short where it mattered on the scoreboard.

Canada's goalie was excellent in the victory, but frankly if you play that same relative game 10 times, USA probably wins at least 6 times.

Onto the real games......

NC107*

I'm hoping for more of a Claude Lemieux :)

I will be surprised but a happy surprised. Matteau hasn't showed me much so far and I don't expect much from him in the NHL. He's not a super star I hope he makes the Devils NHL team and sticks but not confident that happens for him.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I will be surprised but a happy surprised. Matteau hasn't showed me much so far and I don't expect much from him in the NHL. He's not a super star I hope he makes the Devils NHL team and sticks but not confident that happens for him.

I'd bet money he has an NHL career...it's just at what level is the question.

I honestly think worse case scenario is a 4th line energy type.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad