World Cup SF: Sep 11 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
kmad said:
nice hit by Doan on Zidlicky

is it just me, or is the Gagne-St Louis-Richards line invisible? their size renders them somewhat ineffective in this tournament

They're not playing. It's hard to be effective from the bench.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
psycho_dad said:
Too bad the refs missed Thorntons offside on the first goal...I would rather see a 1-1 game at the moment.

That was an earlier situation (if you're referring to the replay by Nelonen). There wasn't an off side in the first goal.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Jussi said:
That was an earlier situation (if you're referring to the replay by Nelonen). There wasn't an off side in the first goal.

No, Nelonen and you obviously missed Thorntons clear offside. I know what Nelonen replayed about a previous situation and you could not even see where the puck was in that. That was not a clear case, but the one with Thornton was. He made the offsides himself by keeping the puck in the neutral zone and crossing over the line and then taking the puck over the line. I think the linemates went offside as well when thorntons legs were on the area and puck still in neutral zone.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
psycho_dad said:
No, Nelonen and you obviously missed Thorntons clear offside. I know what Nelonen replayed about a previous situation and you could not even see where the puck was in that. That was not a clear case, but the one with Thornton was. He made the offsides himself by keeping the puck in the neutral zone and crossing over the line and then taking the puck over the line. I think the linemates went offside as well when thorntons legs were on the area and puck still in neutral zone.

I thought they came out of the zone before he went back in.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Nice fat juicy rebound... Hey on another note, is there a goalie in the czech net? Haven't seen too much of him this period.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Vokoun :bow: ...and apparently the canadians think they are playing NFL football now..their tackling the Czechs left and right.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
monster_bertuzzi said:
Phantom call on Vinny Lac.

I dont mean to start anything, but it was just as questionable as when Lecavalier was 'tripped' to set up Canada's 2nd goal. Anyways, I hope this game goes multiple OT....been a fantastic game both ways so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad