World Cup SF: Sep 11 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEMELIN74

Feb 12, 2004
Lévis
damn were lucky that the ref dont call anything in the 3rd otherway we would probably had 10 minor penalty in the 3rd

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Does anyone know if it goes into a shootout after the OT? Cause that would be a bit too much like Nagano :O

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
HOLY CRAP! :jump: :jump:

This is the best damn hockey game I've seen in a long time. The back-and-forth rushes, goals, the hitting, even Mike Emerick is doing a great job for ESPN. AMAZING!

Are any of you guys TiVo-ing this from start to finish by any chance? I have got to get this burned to DVD. I will need some great hockey to watch this winter....

PM me if you're going to have a digital copy. Please.... :eek:

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
RW8 said:
Does anyone know if it goes into a shootout after the OT? Cause that would be a bit too much like Nagano :O

NHL rules....they will just keep on playing until someone scores.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Chaos said:
NHL rules....they will just keep on playing until someone scores.

Thats good. Continuous OT is loads of fun, although it's getting awfully late here in Europe..

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Brodeur raises the level of play of his whole team. His puckhandling and rebound control are unmatched in the whole world, which gives Canada a lot more leverage. Defensemen don't need to stay in the defensive zone for as long, and they don't need to box around the crease to control rebounds. Luongo may be slightly better at keeping the puck out of the net (he isn't showing it today) but, he has zero puckhandling skills and his rebound control is abysmal.

edit: my picks are Sakic for Canada and Havlat for Czech.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
I say Hejduk scores on a breakaway about 5 minutes into the 2nd OT to end a fantastic game.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
My thoughts so far:

1) Canada is being humbled tonight. No chance this game should still be going on.

2) Refereeing is awful. It's like the refs are scared to call anything against anybody (especially Canada) with fear of deciding such an important game.

3) I see now why I feel more comfortable with Brodeur in nets... Luongo's made big saves, but he's a rebound machine.

4) I think overtime will kill me. I have no confidence in Canada at the moment...

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
HOLY CRAP! :jump: :jump:

This is the best damn hockey game I've seen in a long time. The back-and-forth rushes, goals, the hitting, even Mike Emerick is doing a great job for ESPN. AMAZING!

It is very entertaining, but not very disciplined. Both are playing pretty horrible team defense. Czechs have been better so far but I think Luongo is better than Vokoun...Vokoun seems so nervous.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Great game so far. I don't think the reffing has been that bad.

Luongo's done a good job, but I see now that the amount of shots he faces isn't entirely Florida's fault (tons of rebounds.) I still haven't figured out how the Elias goal went in.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Theodore and Luongo are the exact same thing : Zero puck handling skill, zero rebound control. The one difference is Luongo is bigger and larger. In that case, go with the fatter one, he covers more of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad