World Cup SF: Sep 11 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
Hoot said:
I hate it when the (Canadian) refs swallow their whistles. There is holding calls on Canadian D-men in every shift but the refs do nothing. Do your job refs :mad: :)

Man do people hate us so much that their visions are THIS clouded? Man somebody already mentioned it but have you noticed the ILLEGAL picks the czecks are putting on Canadian Defenseman? No, I guess not. You have nothing to complain about.

GO CANADA! :banana:

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
psycho_dad said:
When he went back in, puck was still in neutral zone....Thornton himself (at least) was offside...he was inside the zone and pulled the puck from neutral zone. Thats offside.

Puck carrier can precede the puck into the zone, if he has control. One of those rules few hockey fans know.

Who were the two Canadian defencemen on the 3-3 goal?

Alfons

May 3, 2004
nucks&flames said:
Man do people hate us so much that their visions are THIS clouded? Man somebody already mentioned it but have you noticed the ILLEGAL picks the czecks are putting on Canadian Defenseman? No, I guess not. You have nothing to complain about.

I think the CANADIAN referees have clouded visons, and perhaps some fans also :dunno:

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
I can't take this, i'm about to have a heart attack.
I must have smoked a whole cigarette factory tonight.
Luongo is making key saves, but also allowing some crap passed him.
That Elias goal should have never went in.
C'mon Canada, i can't take another '98.
Time for Mr. Clutch Joe Sakic to come in for us in OT.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
nucks&flames said:

they actually aren't illegal. Have you not noticed Burke keep pointing that out.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Wow. This is great hockey! :jump:

I was rooting for the Canadians when the game started but now, Holy super-biased home-ice refs, Batman! The Canadians get away with murder EVERY shift. The Czechs should have had multiple powerplays just before the Draper goal. Booo!

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
PecaFan said:
Puck carrier can precede the puck into the zone, if he has control. One of those rules few hockey fans know.

Who were the two Canadian defencemen on the 3-3 goal?

Yeah I have seen these situations often and I really dont know how the refs draw the line about being in control. I've seen similar situations called offside often, but of course I have seen it go this way too. Not a biggie really, just an observation.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
This game has "classic" written all over it. :handclap:

This is the ultimate "public relations" for NHL players to win fans over to their side in the ongoing CBA fight - their ability to put on the best sports entertainment in the world. ;)

Sorry, but anyone who would dwell on the officiating :cry: in a game as great as this ought to get a clue!!!! Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
nucks&flames said:

What are you talking about? No one hates you, you're Canada! :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad