Worcester Sharks News & Discussion V

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
You think he is ready for a season in the AHL or would you prefer he stay with London?

Chances are he's turning pro so as long as he get regular playing time I think he'll do OK in the AHL. Marchment and Mougenel also seem to be doing a pretty good job with the D in Worcester so that'll help as well.

That said I don't think it would be a bad idea to have him return to London, they do a very, very good job developing players there.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Tierney is just too good for the AHL.

Also, with the surprising scratch of Doherty (YAY!!!) I'm pretty jealous of the way Worcester's blue line is constructed...6 extremely mobile, good (to great) puck moving d-men.

If the goaltending can hold up and Sommer doesn't get in his own way I think Worcester has a shot to make some noise...I'm looking forward to watching it!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Tierney is just too good for the AHL.

Also, with the surprising scratch of Doherty (YAY!!!) I'm pretty jealous of the way Worcester's blue line is constructed...6 extremely mobile, good (to great) puck moving d-men.

If the goaltending can hold up and Sommer doesn't get in his own way I think Worcester has a shot to make some noise...I'm looking forward to watching it!

Too bad Ryan got scratched too but it looks like he had a lot of competition up front.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Too bad Ryan got scratched too but it looks like he had a lot of competition up front.

It is too bad but with Stollery, Taormina & Young ahead of him I understand it and don't think it's the wrong decision at all.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com

He's got Young, Taormina, and Stollery in front of him on the left, and maybe even Fedun if they slide him over to that side. The good news is if he has to play it won't be a huge drop off in talent, he's looked real good in the games he's been in.

I won't be shocked to see him play this weekend, especially if Worcester has their sites on a specific playoff slot they'd like to be in (and they really want to be in 7th even if they won't admit it).

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
He's got Young, Taormina, and Stollery in front of him on the left, and maybe even Fedun if they slide him over to that side. The good news is if he has to play it won't be a huge drop off in talent, he's looked real good in the games he's been in.

I won't be shocked to see him play this weekend, especially if Worcester has their sites on a specific playoff slot they'd like to be in (and they really want to be in 7th even if they won't admit it).

I was just looking at the standings and thinking the same thing. They can't play Manchester in the first round right?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I was just looking at the standings and thinking the same thing. They can't play Manchester in the first round right?

Nope, they can't. In 7th they get either Hershey or Wilkes-Barre (likely Hershey) and they played real well against both...and as their NHL affiliates are still playing that's Worcester's best match-up.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Nope, they can't. In 7th they get either Hershey or Wilkes-Barre (likely Hershey) and they played real well against both...and as their NHL affiliates are still playing that's Worcester's best match-up.

I figured Manchester is everyone's biggest obstacle so that's good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad