Worcester Sharks News & Discussion V

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Only caught the 3rd period but I really hope SJ's coaching staff gives TK a legit shot when he joins the team. He's been outstanding from what I've seen.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
Only caught the 3rd period but I really hope SJ's coaching staff gives TK a legit shot when he joins the team. He's been outstanding from what I've seen.

I still think giving TK a shot at 3C wouldn't be a bad idea. He was apparently decent at faceoffs in Pitt and while he might not be able to carry a line like Pavs, if you give him quality line mates (looking at Hertl, Wingels or Nieto) could prove to do well.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I still think giving TK a shot at 3C wouldn't be a bad idea. He was apparently decent at faceoffs in Pitt and while he might not be able to carry a line like Pavs, if you give him quality line mates (looking at Hertl, Wingels or Nieto) could prove to do well.

The only time Kennedy was over 50% in the dot was in 2008-09 when he only took 78 draws. The guy never took that many draws to begin with and I don't think he'll all of a sudden figure it all out. If there's anyone to try at center, it's a guy like Hertl that has significant room to grow. It's also a good way to make sure he stays engaged in the flow of play.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!

?? Where is Lehigh Valley at, is this a new location for them? Are they affiliated with an NHL team??

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm glad Sommer didn't change up the "top" two lines to accommodate Tierney like I thought he might. The Hamilton & Karlsson lines have been working really well!

Tierney was really good but what stood out more to me was how bad Doherty was. I think he looks worse this year because of the style / system (woohoo, a system!!) the WorSharks are playing. Everything he does is slow.

It's awesome to see this team off to such a good start.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I'm glad Sommer didn't change up the "top" two lines to accommodate Tierney like I thought he might. The Hamilton & Karlsson lines have been working really well!

Tierney was really good but what stood out more to me was how bad Doherty was. I think he looks worse this year because of the style / system (woohoo, a system!!) the WorSharks are playing. Everything he does is slow.

I hope it's because someone saw the **** show it was last year and understood that you don't groom winners by making them lose all the time. I'd imagine having a guy like Hamilton and karlsson going through the AHL playoffs can only be a good teaching tool.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com

This season Sommer has been running the top three lines in nearly equal amounts so there's no real need to break any of them up. He has been tinkering with the PP units a bit, and despite a small amount of success I can't blame him as it should be a lot better with all these good passers and puck movers on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00