Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Thought this might be relevant.

B2G6mmmCUAAOFje.png

From ‏@joshweissbock on twitter.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
The WorSharks consistently are near the top of the AHL in shots per game...that hasn't exactly been meaningful lately.

While I think this years team is actually a great possession team I still don't think those numbers take either game situation or score effects into account.

SF/SA info without any context isn't all that meaningful.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
While I think this years team is actually a great possession team I still don't think those numbers take either game situation or score effects into account.

SF/SA info without any context isn't all that meaningful.

"Lately" as in this year, yes, they've been very good...."lately" as in the last few seasons, not so much.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
"Lately" as in this year, yes, they've been very good...."lately" as in the last few seasons, not so much.

As a season ticket holder for the last 4 years prior to this one I can attest to the fact its not fun out shooting your opponent 45 to 23 and losing 4-1 most of the time.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Good to see Anderson with a MUCH better performance.

Also good to see the team not quit, that's new this year as well.

dmband

Feb 15, 2010
Boston, Ma
The Allen Americans just announced that the WorSharks recalled goaltender Aaron Dell...I have no idea why.

GRosenick was the backup today and took a "normal" amount of shots as backup in pre game. Anderson steady today

Maybe it's niemi as stalock starts again in philly

Worcester looking good. Interchangeable lines. Even game thru 2, then a lot of confidence in third to get the two points

Maybe it was the kids or the organ but Springfield 1k had a lot more than than Worcester 1k.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
The Allen Americans just announced that the WorSharks recalled goaltender Aaron Dell...I have no idea why.

Might be something with Stalock or Niemi...I like him but I can't tell you how much the idea of Grosenick playing in an NHL game scares me.

Falstaff

Jul 6, 2013
Yeah, Doherty is terrible. At this point I'd rather they just sent him home and played Gus Young.

Putting aside his physical limitations, Doherty obviously needs a change of scenery. During the Hershey game, he held the park behind the net for what seemed like an eternity. Obviously, he's afraid of making a mistake. It looked like Matt Young trying to throw to first base.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Putting aside his physical limitations, Doherty obviously needs a change of scenery. During the Hershey game, he held the park behind the net for what seemed like an eternity. Obviously, he's afraid of making a mistake. It looked like Matt Young trying to throw to first base.

Doherty (or any other defenseman) holding the puck for a long while behind the net isn't an issue because it's actually part of a set play. If you notice that happening again don't watch the puck, watch what the other WorSharks skaters are doing in the neutral zone. The goal is to get a particular player (it's different with each line obviously) the puck while skating toward the opponent's end with a full head of steam.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
He's never signed an ECHL contract so no team can own his rights.

Ah, but they can.

A number of ECHL teams put guys on NHL or AHL deals on their season-ending roster. They then retain their rights.

If those rights aren't with the NHL/AHL's affiliate, there's often a trade of rights to the affiliate so the following season if assigned to ECHL, he's with the affiliate.

(Haven't confirmed in this case. Just saying. :naughty:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad