Prospect Info: WJC's 2022 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
After a slow start this season in the OHL, Wright was heating up before the WJC. He's up to 30 points in 22 games which is on par with Cooley's production in an inferior league. And I love Cooley.

Wright's goal production is down from his 16 year old year but his assists are up. We'll see where things stack up at the end of the season.

It's the pace that's the issue for me. Just doesn't seem to be involved at all on the same level as before.

On another note. Slafkovsky is just such an intriguing player. He's so huge and moves well, that backhand was lethal.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Just don't see a lot of creativity out of him, or full on puck control. Also, that's one of the best NCAA teams ever.

Not many North American players play a regular shift in the World Championships in their draft year like Beniers did last spring. He'd light up the CHL like Christmas tree just like Brady Tkachuk would have when folks were questioning everything about his offensive game.

I personally like McTavish better than Beniers (I love McTavish!). I just think the Danault comparisons in any shape or form are far fetched.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
After a slow start this season in the OHL, Wright was heating up before the WJC. He's up to 30 points in 22 games which is on par with Cooley's production in an inferior league. And I love Cooley.

Wright's goal production is down from his 16 year old year but his assists are up. We'll see where things stack up at the end of the season.

I think he had 11 points in the last 5-6 games he played.

Can’t see how he doesn’t make it. I see him as such a safe player, smart, careful of the defensive side of the game, and just his shot will give him a couple of goals in the next level.

He had one of the best season by a 15 years old ever. Only Spezza and Tavares did better.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
It's the pace that's the issue for me. Just doesn't seem to be involved at all on the same level as before.

On another note. Slafkovsky is just such an intriguing player. He's so huge and moves well, that backhand was lethal.

Slafkovsky looks like a sure fire top 10 pick and might knock on the top 5 door.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not many North American players play a regular shift in the World Championships in their draft year like Beniers did last spring. He'd light up the CHL like Christmas tree just like Brady Tkachuk would have when folks were questioning everything about his offensive game.

I personally like McTavish better than Beniers (I love McTavish!). I just think the Danault comparisons in any shape or form are far fetched.

Well, here's better than Danault at same age. It's not a direct comparison just game styles. I expect Beniers to be a 30g, 30a, guy in NHL eventually, but McTavish is going to be PPG & be a guy you can't get the puck from.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

That's why I like him. He doesn't pretend to be something he's not, he's constantly trying to dominate his position and has all the tools to do so.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I think he had 11 points in the last 5-6 games he played.

Can’t see how he doesn’t make it. I see him as such a safe player, smart, careful of the defensive side of the game, and just his shot will give him a couple of goals in the next level.

He had one of the best season by a 15 years old ever. Only Spezza and Tavares did better.

Agreed on all fronts. People were questioning Tavares too when his stats took a bit of a dip the following season.

Reactions: MadMslm

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yeah, Couturier/Danault comparisons are accurate. Good players, but certainly not elite.

Couturier's quite a few steps ahead of Danault. Consistent 76 point pace mostly on the 2nd line and with a strong defensive presence. Imagine if we could have nabbed a Couturier at #3 overall in 2012 or 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad