Prospect Info: WJC's 2022 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
He reminds me of Danault with more offensive proficiency

I was gonna say that. Better vision and offensive instinct.

Beniers has good hands, smarts and a wicked shot. He's a really good player. He played for USA in the World Championship last spring and held his own versus NHL players. He had a point per game in the NCAA in his draft year. That's a lot of offense in a strong conference for a freshman in his draft year.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I love Cooley but I think posters are really jumping the gun on Wright today. He was clearly the defensive conscience on his line playing with Perfetti and Bedard. He was often hanging back in the offensive zone and he played a strong game in the defensive zone. I'm sure he's fulfilling the role his coaches want him to play and they certainly seem to trust him.

He's still 17 years old. We should never hold the output or performance of a draft year player on Team Canada against them. Toews only had two assists in the WJC in his draft year. So many great players never made Team Canada in their draft year.

It's been underwhelming in the OHL, too. Normally I wouldn't care too much about the WJC for anyone unless it's your few viewings you're going to get.

Just by this time of the year, the loss of games last year becomes less and less of an excuse as to why he's not being as effective as he was as a 16 year old.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
It’s crazy that Jiricek had 9 min of ice time only im the first period. Sad that it was cut short, a lot of their offense relies on his ability to find breakout passes.

Slafkovski needs to be a bit meaner around the boards, a bit too passive for now. If he show that level of physical play that Svechnikov or Tkachuk have, he will be a really good player.

Cooley had a good first.
After Jiricek left, the Cechia offense were no longer dangerous.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Beniers has good hands, smarts and a wicked shot. He's a really good player. He played for USA in the World Championship last spring and held his own versus NHL players. He had a point per game in the NCAA in his draft year. That's a lot of offense in a strong conference for a freshman in his draft year.

Just don't see a lot of creativity out of him, or full on puck control. Also, that's one of the best NCAA teams ever.

Reactions: Gravity

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

yaaa I like danault and all but berniers is gunna be a much better. He just doesn’t show much shine in his game but he does everything right at a high level

Reactions: Schooner Guy

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018

He did have a really good year, but Michigan is stacked.

I have no doubt he will be a good player but I feel most of that will come from his ability to enter the zone with possession, his speed and his willingness to play the right way (always engaged and first on the puck).

He’s a good pick for Seattle and won’t be a project or need much time before he’s ready to make the jump.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
To your earlier comment..if Cooley skates better than Wright, plays better defensively and makes more plays.. then how do we rank Wright higher?

See how the rest of the tournament plays out but if Wright doesn't find his game, there might start being some questions about him going 1st
I wouldn't be upset the Habs ended up getting Cooley instead of Wright.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I've already downgraded Wright out of 1st, 6 weeks ago, but now he might go to #3 if he doesn't show some dynamic qualities.

The Americans are faaassst.

who do you currently have as your top 5?

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
It's been underwhelming in the OHL, too. Normally I wouldn't care too much about the WJC for anyone unless it's your few viewings you're going to get.

Just by this time of the year, the loss of games last year becomes less and less of an excuse as to why he's not being as effective as he was as a 16 year old.

After a slow start this season in the OHL, Wright was heating up before the WJC. He's up to 30 points in 22 games which is on par with Cooley's production in an inferior league. And I love Cooley.

Wright's goal production is down from his 16 year old year but his assists are up. We'll see where things stack up at the end of the season.

Reactions: aresknights

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Disappointed not to see Mysak or Guhle on the scoresheet.

Guhle would have played close to 25 min if it wasn’t for all those powerplays.

Was a force on the backline in my opinion.

Just don't see a lot of creativity out of him, or full on puck control. Also, that's one of the best NCAA teams ever.

Yeah more of a north/south player who produces because he’s at the right places and smart with his decisions/passes.

yaaa I like danault and all but berniers is gunna be a much better. He just doesn’t show much shine in his game but he does everything right at a high level

Just im terms of style, he skates a lot like Danault. There is no denying that he has more offensive tools. He’s smart player with a lot of speed.

I've already downgraded Wright out of 1st, 6 weeks ago, but now he might go to #3 if he doesn't show some dynamic qualities.

The Americans are faaassst.

I don’t know if I’m ready to bump him down even if he doesn’t have a good WJC. I don’t see how he doesn’t make something happen soon.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Damn I wanted Juraj to bury that... USA looking solid, I like Knies

Toronto has some solid players in this tourney, most 2nd rounders too I believe

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad