Prospect Info: WJC's 2022 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Savoie is not on team Canada because he's competing vs. Perfetti & Johnson, he'll have plenty of time later.

At that rate, Lambert will get back up there.

Have you been watching Savoie play this year? Curious if you've had a chance to watch his teammate Geekie. Geekie's been really climbing lists. HP released their latest rankings today and Geekie is #2...only behind Wright.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Couturier's quite a few steps ahead of Danault. Consistent 76 point pace mostly on the 2nd line and with a strong defensive presence. Imagine if we could have nabbed a Couturier at #3 overall in 2012 or 2018.

He only started that in his 7th season. It took a long time. And, ultimately, it didn't lead to anything for Philadelphia. Ditto with Danault. Only player like that who's successfully lead a team to success is Toews and he had Kane, Keith & Hossa, et al.

Beniers the player that GMs talk about that they need to win, but he isn't going to get them there without eliteness around him.

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
After 1 Day of wjc, here is my draft ranking 2022 from their performance (players from wjc only) :

1- slafkovsky
2- cooley
3- Wright
4- jiricek
5- kemell
6- Nemec

Reactions: Redux91

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Have you been watching Savoie play this year? Curious if you've had a chance to watch his teammate Geekie. Geekie's been really climbing lists. HP released their latest rankings today and Geekie is #2...only behind Wright.

I've watched plenty of Savoie and Geekie (10-12 games). Geekie is too on and off for me to be in the top 10. Great potential, not consistent.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I've watched plenty of Savoie and Geekie (10-12 games). Geekie is too on and off for me to be in the top 10. Great potential, not consistent.

Interesting. HP, McKeen's and RLR all have him anywhere from 2-7. I was wondering if his play has really spiked up recently for HP to move up to #2 today.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Interesting. HP, McKeen's and RLR all have him anywhere from 2-7. I was wondering if his play has really spiked up recently for HP to move up to #2 today.

A few good games, yes. However, keep in mind that many good players are at the WJC so you could expect Geekie and Savoie to have some fun.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
A few good games, yes. However, keep in mind that many good players are at the WJC so you could expect Geekie and Savoie to have some fun.

For sure. Although Mark and scouts at HP would know this as well. They wouldn't have raised Geekie based on play vs teams missing WJC players.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
They draft well.

Not sure about that. Leafs have 5 stars better than any0ne on the Habs and they haven't won a playoff series since before the kids at this WJC were born. This is largely because they haven't been able to surround the stars with capable low salaried players via the draft.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not sure about that. Leafs have 5 stars better than any0ne on the Habs and they haven't won a playoff series since before the kids at this WJC were born. This is largely because they haven't been able to surround the stars with capable low salaried players via the draft.

They were trading a lot of picks. Last few drafts they've stopped doing that. Their prospect cupboard is good again.

Oh shit! Slovakia scores!

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I’m happy. Second period was terrible. Have to remember, 8 players who are 17 or younger. Guy like Strbak who took the decisive penalties is playing against first round talent and he is still just playing Finland u20. Lots to work on, but good start I’d say. Nemec was questionable defensively, he started slow last year too though.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Great game by Slovakia. Second period was rough, but that is a fine young team.

This 1st day only solidified the top players for me:

Wright, Cooley, Slafkovsky, Jiricek, Nemec, Kemell & Lambert came in to the WJC as the top 2022 prospects, and they all come with interesting skills & flaws.

Add in Savoie and that's your top 8.

One of them will likely be a Canadien. No idea which one and it will be a difficult choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad