WJC Thread 2018

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
If some of you have information about the world championship, that would be great : Ikonen (Finland), Poelhing(USA) and Mete (Canada).
Well, they are all playing today if that helps you. Finland vs Canada @ 4:00 PM ET, and USA vs Denmark @ 8:00 PM ET. Ikonen and Poehling apparently are their teams’ second line centers and Mete plays on Canada’s second pairing. They should all see 2nd wave PP time as well, haven’t read/seen anything about the PK units just yet.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Shocked that Andrei Lipanov didn't make it. Shocked and hurt as I picked him for my fantasy draft team and said how he was a surefire for this upcoming WJC.....

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Kaut with the nice feed for the PP goal. He's the kind of guy that can really improve his ranking with a nice tourney. There's some decent skill on that Czech team outside of the obvious suspects.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Zadina isn't the fastest skater out there but he can sure dangle the puck for days. He creates a lot of opportunities for his linemates with his one on one moves.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Kral has been really good in the WHL as well, he's one of my biggest darkhorses. Dahlin is a stud, defensively he's so alert and he does so many little efficient things that go unnoticed.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Kral has been really good in the WHL as well, he's one of my biggest darkhorses. Dahlin is a stud, defensively he's so alert and he does so many efficient little things that go unnoticed.
Dahlin is a workhorse. Doesnt remind me of Karlsson at all, he's a lot closer to Hedman or Doughty in playstyle.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Dahlin is a workhorse. Doesnt remind me of Karlsson at all, he's a lot closer to Hedman or Doughty in playstyle.

Yes he's very solid defensively, it's obvious that his IQ is off the chart. He doesn't sit around and just wait for plays to happen, he looks around and tries to anticipate plays, he pressures players so much in the d-zone as well. He's always active.

Boqvist is more Karlsson-esque, Dahlin's smarts and defensive play reminds me a lot of Lidstrom. On top of that he's an amazing puck carrier. Franchise dman.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Kral was very impressive today. I don't think it will be possible for him to fly under the radar playing on the same team as Smith.

Chytil is, indeed, incredible.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yes he's very solid defensively, it's obvious that his IQ is off the chart. He doesn't sit around and just wait for plays to happen, he looks around and tries to anticipate plays, he pressures players so much in the d-zone as well.

He's strong also, just over all package. At his age, I think he's the best defensive prospect
Yes he's very solid defensively, it's obvious that his IQ is off the chart. He doesn't sit around and just wait for plays to happen, he looks around and tries to anticipate plays, he pressures players so much in the d-zone as well. He's always active.

Boqvist is more Karlsson-esque, Dahlin's smarts and defensive play reminds me a lot of Lidstrom. On top of that he's an amazing puck carrier. Franchise dman.

He's smart but he also plays aggressive at times. If he was a forward there would probably be McDavid level hype. But being a defenseman, at such a young age, it's harder to know where he'll land IMO.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Besides the Stanley Cup, this has to be my favourite tournament. Always good for some drama and excitement. Canada coming up against Finland at 4 on RDS.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad