Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
USA lines today,

Bellows-Mittelstadt-Tufte
Tkachuk-Brown-Yamamoto
Harper-Poehling-J Anderson
Jones-Badini-Norris
Frederic-McGing-Lockwood

They had one cut have 2 more forwards to cut likely tomorrow night after the game vs Belarus.

I'd say the tournament will start with this:

Bellows-Mittelstadt-Tufte
Tkachuk-Brown-Yamamoto
Harper-Poehling-J. Anderson
Lockwood-Frederic-Norris
Jones

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Mitteldstadt playing center kind of throws a wrench into the idea Poehling would be the #2 center. Looks like they are planning to use Poehling in a 3rd line shutdown role.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Team Canada having a goal from birthday boy Blake Speers the Sault Greyhounds Center ties the game 1-1 in 2nd period on TSN.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Anyone knows if he will play at the World Juniors for Finland this year ? Can't find anything regarding Finland's roster on the web.

I was hoping to see a few MTL prospects at the tournament but unless i'm mistaken only Mete and Poehling will be there...

Noah Juulsen is with Team Canada's defence.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Carolina's picks both Gauthier & Nicolas Roy of the TC's French Connection line Gauthier stretches the lead to 4-2.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
True, these prospects aren't at the level of McDonagh and Subban. But I have a good feeling about them, from watching them. I never had a good feeling about Colberg, De la Rose, Chipchura, and McCarron.

But definitely in the cases of Mete, Poehling, Ikonen, and Scherbak, patience is important. It will really be interesing to see where they are in 5 years and different players develope and different paces. Scherbak and Hudon are showing that this year - both seem to be coming around, after many were heavily critical of them or had written them off.

:eyeroll:

"Never had good feeling" about prospects who busted but good feeling with today's.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Anyone watch the TC exhibition ? Missed a good chunk of it as my kid is sick as hell, but I like this edition, despite the lack of really high end skill. They have speed and hockey IQ and they seem to have found chemistry real fast.

Mete was ok. Made a few mistakes, but his skating is so good that they don't really show. He wasn't a standout per se for me, but you can see he'll be a real important part of that D.

Makar, and I didn't say this on the main board as I don't want the arguing that would come from it, is still raw in some ways and I thought he made some junior stuff, but damn does he have potential. I think he'd be my top pick out of the whole club as of now, definitely looked like a 4th overall and I love the offensive package.

Thomas, Howden, Kyrou (surprised me), Batherson, Raddysh, Formenton all stood out for me, too. No one was bad, save Bean, and there's some things I don't like about the defense either, but a good effort for a preliminary game. Czech team was awful, so I'm not taking much away from this game. Only that I need to see more of Timmins as some things I liked, others less.

Really looking forward to seeing the US, Finland and Sweden.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Mete looked good
Always made the right play and always well positioned
He also hit a post

Anyone have any idea why Poehling didn’t suit up against Belarus?

He's a lock
The coach is also his college team coach, so he already knows what to expect from him.

Reactions: habaholic

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Finland's lineup vs Swiss,

Innala - Luostarinen - Turkulainen
Koivula - Ikonen - Heponiemi
Vesalainen - Kupari - Nurmi
Moilanen - Koppanen - Laavainen

nothing for Ikonen, they play the Czech team next.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Finland's lineup vs Swiss,

Innala - Luostarinen - Turkulainen
Koivula - Ikonen - Heponiemi
Vesalainen - Kupari - Nurmi
Moilanen - Koppanen - Laavainen

nothing for Ikonen, they play the Czech team next.

Being with Heponiemi he's going to get his chance to shine offensively.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone knows if he will play at the World Juniors for Finland this year ? Can't find anything regarding Finland's roster on the web.

I was hoping to see a few MTL prospects at the tournament but unless i'm mistaken only Mete and Poehling will be there...

The most habs players I ever remember suiting up for team Canada in one year was 4. It was in the late 90s.

Ribeiro, chouinard, and Ryder played on one line, garon was in net, and I think Julien might have been the coach.

The last Habs player on team Canada that had a large impact? Gallagher is the one that comes to mind for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,045.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00