WJC Thread 2018

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
All 3 of them were playing in a league against players way older than them.
Would be interesting to see how they do against players of the same age.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
The time of the year where the NHL gets a secondary role, more than ever with the Habs this season.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Kind of surprised Cody Glass got cut so quickly. I thought he had a good chance to make TC. I liked him a lot going into the 2017 draft.

Anyways looking forward to seeing the 3 Montreal draft prospects, especially Poehling & Ikonen. I've watched a lot of Mete & know what he brings. Haven't seen the other 2 so much.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Interested in seeing Ikonen. He is the big unknown for me. Watched a few of Poehling's games and he should be a force for team USA, He will get plenty of ice time as his coach from St Cloud is coaching team USA. I hope Mete is dominant for Canada.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I'm excited to see Mete step it up offensively. We saw he can survive in the NHL, but I want to see him dominate.

Also will be interesting to see Poehling on the same ice as his peers again. Every time he plays with guys his own age, he looks like the best center out there.

Ikonen I don't have high expectations for in this tourney.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Good to see Mete getting confortable, going from the pro game to the junior game can be quite hard for players. You have to adapt to suddenly having a lot more time to make plays and a less structured game. Hopefully he'll have a killer WJC.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Team has its D:

Bean
Clague
Fabbro
Mete
Timmins
Makar
Foote

I'm pretty sure Bean was terrible last year. Hopefully he's gotten a lot better.
I'm interested in seeing Clague. I wanted the Habs to draft him.

D should be really mobile.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Team has its D:

Bean
Clague
Fabbro
Mete
Timmins
Makar
Foote

I'm pretty sure Bean was terrible last year. Hopefully he's gotten a lot better.
I'm interested in seeing Clague. I wanted the Habs to draft him.

D should be really mobile.

I remember complaining about Bean last year because he played with Juulsen, who was the second best D after Chabot last year. Bean, IMO, was awful.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I remember complaining about Bean last year because he played with Juulsen, who was the second best D after Chabot last year. Bean, IMO, was awful.

Yeah I recall him being pretty soft on the puck & a puck giveaway machine anytime the puck was along the boards. Does better in open ice.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
USA camp started yesterday, heard this was the lines,

Mittlestadt - Frederic - McGing
Tufte - Brown - Yamamoto
Anderson - Tkachuck- Norris
Bellows - Lockwood - Badini
Jones - Harper - Poehling

ouch if true, not sure why Poehling wouldn't be at center, if he's not then that's troubling as I don't think he would make the team as a winger. That said I don't know if that's actually the lines they used or not or what it means.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
USA camp started yesterday, heard this was the lines,

Mittlestadt - Frederic - McGing
Tufte - Brown - Yamamoto
Anderson - Tkachuck- Norris
Bellows - Lockwood - Badini
Jones - Harper - Poehling

ouch if true, not sure why Poehling wouldn't be at center, if he's not then that's troubling as I don't think he would make the team as a winger. That said I don't know if that's actually the lines they used or not or what it means.
that would be crazy if he's on the bubble like that. I do have this weird feeling that out of the 2 (Mete, Poehling) that seem like they'll do really well, one of them will underwhelm and Ikonen will have a great tourney. I base this on nothing intellectual, just a feeling.

That being said I think this will be one of the better WJCs for the Habs in awhile. Ikonen is ostensibly the weak link and he can still have a great tourney. When's the last time we had a guy who played NHL games to the WJCs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->