GDT: WJC Pre Tournament Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It's always the worst hit in the world and the player should be tossed out of the tournament when the infraction has been committed against your team. The problem around here is when it's a member of the same fans team doing it always suddenly turns out to be not such a bad hockey play and they immediately argue for light punishment.

It's just the same old run around every year. It's a one game suspension, period, no need to make it out to be anything other then it is, relax.
I get that you're salty because of an upcoming suspension that was completely avoidable but when player's safety is at risk, jersey colours don't matter. I don't think Celebrini wanted to hurt Braillard but he didn't care one bit about Braillard's health either. He never let up, continued to lean in and down even with his opponent already on the ice. These sort of hits are dangerous and often times to result in injuries, sometimes even horrible, career threatening ones. Therefore, this hit isn't acceptable, no matter what team the player is from. You can't put other players safety at risk like that.

No matter how long the suspension is gonna be...it's not gonna help Leo Braillard or Switzerland but it has to be long enough for Celebrini not to do it again. Lesson has to be learned.

Reactions: RB76

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I’m American and I have zero dog in the fight, I’ve never played at this high of a level. Ive listened to enough conversations by people who have played and they also question these exact hits. There is onus on both parties.

Reactions: horner

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
I’m American and I have zero dog in the fight, I’ve never played at this high of a level. Ive listened to enough conversations by people who have played and they also question these exact hits. There is onus on both parties.
I played not at that level but around a lot of guys that have made that level and from either side

Celebrini: even if you can’t avoid contact through the back, don’t drive through the check like he did

Braillard: Stopping 2 feet from the boards is one of the stupidest things you can do in terms of self protection. Pin yourself up against the boards and the risk goes way down

Reactions: horner and bbfan419

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I get that you're salty because of an upcoming suspension that was completely avoidable but when player's safety is at risk, jersey colours don't matter. I don't think Celebrini wanted to hurt Braillard but he didn't care one bit about Braillard's health either. He never let up, continued to lean in and down even with his opponent already on the ice. These sort of hits are dangerous and often times to result in injuries, sometimes even horrible, career threatening ones. Therefore, this hit isn't acceptable, no matter what team the player is from. You can't put other players safety at risk like that.

No matter how long the suspension is gonna be...it's not gonna help Leo Braillard or Switzerland but it has to be long enough for Celebrini not to do it again. Lesson has to be learned.
Yes I am ready to throw a tantrum over that, please.

He will probably get a game and it will be over and done with, I hear this same tune every year, big deal.

But please, carry on asking for the strictest of messages to be sent, I am sure they are listening, maybe you can get something called " the mackin celebrini rule " on the books.

• Haha
Reactions: Hinterland

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
A minute is a long time in hockey. That's a suspension in any league. Celebrini had plenty of time to hold back but instead he continued to lean in even after Braillard hit de boards head first and fell down to the ice. Celebrini didn't even attempt to take care of Braillard's health. Again, that's a bad hit in any competition.

Maybe, maybe not. A recent example - Pastrnak hit on Lindgren. Lindgren turns to play the puck right before the hit, and gets slammed into the boards head first, much like here. No suspension was given to Pastrnak.

In terms of intent, reaction time, etc. I wish HFboards would ban Twitter as the video source. Hard to judge speed and time from some grainy slo-mo video. That said, there is one potentially damning detail here. It looks like Celebrini changes his skating line to react to the Swiss player turning. Is he reacting to that turn, or just executing his own maneuver, hard to say for sure.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
You can’t hit a guy like that, but it was also a ridiculously awful play by the receiving player. The fact that play popped into his mind at all is an issue, and Celebrini won’t be the last person to destroy him if he continues to disregard his opponents existence like that. That should have been pounded out of him as a bad idea before he even entered a checking league.

Reactions: TLEH

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
better be 1 game suspension at most look at it in full time stupid swiss player turns his back last minute and stops 2 feet from boards lol.. party his fault also but with the iihf who knows they are moronss at handing out punishment.

Reactions: jj cale

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Shame that one of the best prospect in the world would make a POS play like this. Dirty as ****.
lol he turned last minute its not that dirty a bad hit sure but swiss player takes some of blame also rotating to turn his back last minute

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
lol he turned last minute its not that dirty a bad hit sure but swiss player takes some of blame also rotating to turn his back last minute
Celebrini had an eternity to stop after the Swiss player made that decision. If he decides to become a dirty player that likes to hurt player that's on him I guess but Celebrini is one of the best under 20 skaters in the world. If he wanted to he could have definitely stopped.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Celebrini had an eternity to stop after the Swiss player made that decision. If he decides to become a dirty player that likes to hurt player that's on him I guess but Celebrini is one of the best under 20 skaters in the world. If he wanted to he could have definitely stopped.
lol watch it in full time and no he didn't celebrini isn't dirty the iihf just babys these players and swiss player who was hit needs to learn how to play hockey if he wants a pro career.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
lol watch it in full time and no he didn't celebrini isn't dirty the iihf just babys these players and swiss player who was hit needs to learn how to play hockey if he wants a pro career.
The meat riding is crazyyyy. And Braillard leads his WHL team in PPG I think you need to start looking your stuff up. If Braillard did the same thing to Celebrini you'd be crying for a full tournament suspension and criminal charges.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
The meat riding is crazyyyy. And Braillard leads his WHL team in PPG I think you need to start looking your stuff up. If Braillard did the same thing to Celebrini you'd be crying for a full tournament suspension and criminal charges.
nah I wouldn't i can't stand the iihf rules to be honest they are way to soft and give out suspensions for bs stuff.. its a bad hit a penalty and at most a 1 game suspension.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Shame that one of the best prospect in the world would make a POS play like this. Dirty as ****.
deserves to be suspended the entire tournament and no one is changing my mind.

that’s because the puck went in the other direction so he turned back towards it. any Player would have turned.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
deserves to be suspended the entire tournament and no one is changing my mind.
This is one of the more dramatic over-reactions I’ve seen in quite some time. It clearly deserves a one game suspension. I could even understand two games, though that seems a bit heavy to me.

Reactions: jj cale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino