GDT: WJC, Jan. 2: Sweden vs. Switzerland, 7:30 p.m. local, 1:30 p.m. EST

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Swiss done dirty there but Sweden has the best chance to beat the Americans so I'm happy they won lol
Sweden will get blown up by the US. For one thing both US goalies are much better than Sweden's. Of course the refs could intervene

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I would say the last call was kind of symptomatic for Dionicio's game. He is extremely talented with the puck bu needs to play smarter. Often tries bold plays vs. 2 or 3 opponents instead of a simple pass. And the overtime call ... it definitely was a strict call but I think it was a penalty. And, above all, a player shouldn't be engaging his opponent like this in the 3 on 3 overtime. There is always the risk the stick will somehow get under the opponent's skate, between his legs or something, and the refs may call it a penalty. Way too risky play with a minimal potential gain. It is an extreme pity for Switzerland after they made such a great comeback and were even close to scoring the game winning goal in the overtime. It was a very fun game overall.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Even Jonas Andersson at SVT (Swedish television) didn't think it was a penalty... Just saying...

Reactions: Hinterland

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Hope that German ref enjoyed working at his last word juniors …. Maybe he can be a score keeper and count shots at the next couple tournaments? Something more along his skill level lol

Reactions: Hinterland

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I mean, Switzerland has every right to be rattled right now.

That's just a bogus call and they got hosed there big time.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I would say the last call was kind of symptomatic for Dionicio's game. He is extremely talented with the puck bu needs to play smarter. Often tries bold plays vs. 2 or 3 opponents instead of a simple pass. And the overtime call ... it definitely was a strict call but I think it was a penalty. And, above all, a player shouldn't be engaging his opponent like this in the 3 on 3 overtime. There is always the risk the stick will somehow get under the opponent's skate, between his legs or something, and the refs may call it a penalty. Way too risky play with a minimal potential gain. It is an extreme pity for Switzerland after they made such a great comeback and were even close to scoring the game winning goal in the overtime. It was a very fun game overall.

Not the smartest of plays but it's usually not a penalty in OT. The refs just let very similar plays go twice on the Muller play. If those two aren't penalties, neither is the Dionicio one. You need to have a line as a ref.

I do fault Dionicio for the lazy delay of game he took but the one in OT I think was calculated risk after all the previous non calls.

Asmola

Jul 12, 2017
Feels little gifted win for Sweden, ref "had to" give penalty to Swiss, otherwise they would been on 2-0 situation. Nice battle from both teams anyway, perhaps best game so far.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
After missing that crazy interference and the finn who went bowling the previous game, i don't feel like Swedes has gotten much of an advantage from the refs.

Also that was clearly a penalty given the circumstance. He stopped a massive scoring chance with that hook.
Sweden ALWAYS gets the calls.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
And also not when it's 3 vs 3 and a bit questionable... I´m not saying you are wrong though.

You can call it or not. Usually in OT you don't. In any way it seems strange if you let everything go just to then call this one in OT. Hope these refs are done for the tournament at the very least.

Reactions: Svedu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad