GDT: WJC, Jan 2 QF, Cesko vs Canada, 8:30 EST

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
EDIT: it’s such a really weird take that this forum is overwhelmingly in favor of ostracizing Russian kids and hockey players.

I’m never at a loss for surprise in people’s inability to use their own brains

It's simply a function of spending too much time on the internet. You never hear these types of opinions in person because they're indefensible, childish opinions that cannot withstand any scrutiny.

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
Good for Czechia (still sounds weird). After falling off a cliff in the mid to late aughts (not producing a ton of talent, extended run as cannon fodder at this tournament) it's good to see Czech hockey, in recent times, has returned to being a legit medal contender at the various junior levels... Which should translate to keeping them relevant at the senior level moving forward.

It would be cool to see them win it all.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Tell me you're a Penguins fan without telling me you're a Penguins fan.

Obviously tongue in cheek but he was 2nd in team scoring and hit the post in the third yet didn’t see the ice for the final ten minutes

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Yes Strangler , you are a legend in your own mind. Or should I say Salt Mine. Kidding. I could care less about Russia.

Would you care is Sweden or the USA wasn’t in the tournament?

It's simply a function of spending too much time on the internet. You never hear these types of opinions in person because they're indefensible, childish opinions that cannot withstand any scrutiny.

Chronically online Twitter and reddit users

Reactions: Church Hill

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I wouldn't if they invaded Norway and Canada.

Would you care if Czechia, Slovakia, Sweden and Finland weren't in the tournament?

Because that is what would happen if Russia was there.

Of course I would care if they weren’t in the tournament.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It has one which I was 99% sure would happen in the final, but I got carried away and forgot the tournament is in Europe and Canada for some reason doesn’t perform well in Europe

The real question is why European teams don't perform well in North America.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad