WJC Group A: Dec 29 GDT - Norway vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
the ref is doing juste fine. Most of the penalties are well deserved. The one on Bourdon wasn't but he should have got one the play before.

Has Sutter changed his lines at all during this tournament ? Guys don't produce and keeps Pouliot with whoever he's playing with.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
cyclops said:
And another thing,ditch those stupid uniforms.

Sadly, we're stuck with those things for the Olympics too.

Through two periods, the ref has called 22 penalties. 12 against Norway, 10 against Canada.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
it's great to hear that staal continues to look good, but does he even have any points in this tourney yet? is that not his role right now?

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Glad Pouliot is getting physical. We need that type of player.

he'd be more useful scoring goals

I don't understand why gifted players should play like 4th liners. Cogliano probably never hit anybody of his life now he's asked to and he's doing it wrong. Everytime instead of picking the puck he goes out to hit a guy.

espo*

FSU Seminoles said:
the ref is doing juste fine. Most of the penalties are well deserved. The one on Bourdon wasn't but he should have got one the play before.

Has Sutter changed his lines at all during this tournament ? Guys don't produce and keeps Pouliot with whoever he's playing with.
Yeah,he's doing just fine allright.It's a joke,you watching this thing?

TheDynasty

Aug 8, 2005
Levitate said:
it's great to hear that staal continues to look good, but does he even have any points in this tourney yet? is that not his role right now?

From what I've seen Staal doesn't have much offense at all. But he's really really solid defensively. Sutter doesn't use him on the PP that I can tell. As we've seen this game most of our points from our defense is gonna come from Bourdon and Barker.

Is it true Bourdon already has 5 points? Jeeze.

Latendresse is getting so shafted. Other guys are given way more room for error.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
cyclops said:
Yeah,he's doing just fine allright.It's a joke,you watching this thing?

yeah and out of all the penalties that were called, about 90% were deserved. His job is to call the penalties. Players keep on taking the same stupid penalties shift after shift. Sutter is doing jack to fix this. If they'd just play their game Canada would be up 10-0. Everytime the're on the powerplay they're doing nothing.

Once a team will realise that yes the ref is doing is doing his job and they'll start concentrate on scoring goals on the powerplay, then they'll run up the score and win their games. Instead they keep on doing the same thing and complain at the ref.

The crowd is so out of it as well. Instead of yelling at the refs juste cheer for Canada, they need you more than the ref needs you.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
TheDynasty said:
Latendresse is getting so shafted. Other guys are given way more room for error.

He's been terrible.. he's been given multiple chances to get it going but for whatever reason he looks like he doesnt care.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
TheDynasty said:
From what I've seen Staal doesn't have much offense at all. But he's really really solid defensively. Sutter doesn't use him on the PP that I can tell. As we've seen this game most of our points from our defense is gonna come from Bourdon and Barker.

Is it true Bourdon already has 5 points? Jeeze.

slightly odd since staal was been tearing it up in the OHL offensively this year. that's why i wondered if his role for team canada has been limited to a defensive one

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
I'm gonna guess you are a certified referee, FSU?

Cause only another referee would defend this clown.

espo*

FSU Seminoles said:
yeah and out of all the penalties that were called, about 90% were deserved. His job is to call the penalties. Players keep on taking the same stupid penalties shift after shift. Sutter is doing jack to fix this. If they'd just play their game Canada would be up 10-0. Everytime the're on the powerplay they're doing nothing.

Once a team will realise that yes the ref is doing is doing his job and they'll start concentrate on scoring goals on the powerplay, then they'll run up the score and win their games. Instead they keep on doing the same thing and complain at the ref.

The crowd is so out of it as well. Instead of yelling at the refs juste cheer for Canada, they need you more than the ref needs you.
yeah,they're doing a great job out there,just splendid.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Resolute said:
I'm gonna guess you are a certified referee, FSU?

Cause only another referee would defend this clown.

?

The guy may have made 2 or 3 mistakes but overall he's making the calls. The one on Broudon clearly wasn't a good one but he should have got one right before. Overall I think he's alright.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
FSU Seminoles said:

Exactly. Even though some of the calls have been questionable, the majority are probably within the confines of the rule book. In the last five minutes of the second, it seemed like they just went out and played their game instead of focusing on the officiating. They need to use their speed and go hard to the net to score, something they got away from doing. Hopefully these type of games will remind them of what they need to do to actually win this tournament, since it seemed like they had lost a little bit of focus over the last two nights.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
cyclops said:
yeah,they're doing a great job out there,just splendid.

hey my point start blaming the players for the penalties. Not the ref. It's the same thing in the NHL, people keep on protecting the idiot players over and over again.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Levitate said:
slightly odd since staal was been tearing it up in the OHL offensively this year. that's why i wondered if his role for team canada has been limited to a defensive one

I found it odd that Staal would be asked to be the big-minute defensive guy with Parent, but c'est la vie. Whoever is with Parent is not going to be concentrating on scoring anyway. He's there to shut down, so is his partner.

TheDynasty

Aug 8, 2005
Levitate said:

Yah, my post was a little vague, but that's kind of what I was getting at. Staal really isn't expected to produce much offensively in the tournament. He does, however, already have 4 shots this game.

But Bourdon is currently leading Team Canada in shots with 6 (as of the intermission), and has 1 goal and 1 assist.

Staal and Parent are simply dominant defensively though. They are PK monsters.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
If Canada didn't score another goal for the rest of the night, it wouldn't have been because of the official. It would have been because they got away from their game. I'm not a referee, but it becomes clear that as long as you keep your feet moving, you will get the chances to win.

This seems to be a common trend in most international tournaments.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
FSU Seminoles said:
?

The guy may have made 2 or 3 mistakes but overall he's making the calls. The one on Broudon clearly wasn't a good one but he should have got one right before. Overall I think he's alright.

His two mistakes were 1. flying to Canada, and 2. thinking he could officiate.

At least half the penalties he has called should not have been called.

This guy is embarrassing the sport of hockey.

Maken*

Resolute said:
Sadly, we're stuck with those things for the Olympics too.

Oh don't worry, once they realize that nobody will buy those monstrosities, they will disappear.

Macman

May 15, 2004
The refereeing is an absolute joke. It's disgraceful and unworthy of a tournament of this calibre.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Macman said:
The refereeing is an absolute joke. It's disgraceful and unworthy of a tournament of this calibre.

No, no, no. The officiating is fine. The only fan in this thread who is qualified to judge told us so. :sarcasm:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Resolute said:
No, we get real referees for the Olympics.

The crowd is so pissed they are even booing penalties against Norway.

I feel bad for people that wasted their good money to go to this atrocity.

This is a real ref, the same that you will get at the Olympics.

These are the WORLD Championships with 10 teams. Only 2 of those teams are North American... why does everyone have to play with the North American definition of a cross-check or a charge if 8 of the teams are from Europe by which standards the ref is calling the game?

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
cyclops said:
Was that a good penalty on Downie there FSU? good call? you make the call FSU!!!

I didn't see it ... I'll get back watching the game

and even if a guy hooks someone else and it doesn't affect the play, it's still a penalty. I don't know why guys like McGuire can't recognize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad