Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
9th powerplay of the game for Norway.

The fans should just cheer each time a penalty is called. At least it'd give them something to look forward to cheering for, because the game itself certainly isn't worth cheering.

It never ceases to amaze me how much a referee can suck the life out of a game.

KariyaIsGod*

How was that Bourdon play a holding penalty?

What a joke...

Team looks terrible though so I suppose it's irrelevant.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Acouple of things....

1. Shoot the puck!!! Aren't the coaching staff stressing this yet???? These guys have to start looking at shooting first.

2. Sure, the ref isn't great but Canada can't put themselves in a situation of getting called. They constantly are putting themselves in a poor position or crosschecking guys. They've got to learn what they can get away with and what they can't......AND FAST!!! These stupid mistakes are going to cost them dearly against Russia, the US and the Czechs. Either the refs aren't being scouted properly or the players aren't listening. Someone has been dropping the ball. I don't care what Macguire says but the officiating has been consistently pathetic both ways. Its not like canada is at a disadvantage.

3. I'm not too happy about this team's hockey sense. Players are not in the proper position many times. This is costing them offensive chances.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I really hope Benoit Pouliot takes this new found physical play back to Sudbury after the WJC's are over.

Before this tournament, I'm pretty sure Id never seen Pouliot throw a body check in my life, yet he's probably been our most physical player in this tournament. For some reason, this tourney makes any Canadian player a wrecking ball who is capable of a monster body check. IF Pouliot can take this physical energy back to the OHL and carry it with him in his future endeavours, it's going to make him an even better prospect.

espo*

El_Scoobo said:
Acouple of things....

1. Shoot the puck!!! Aren't the coaching staff stressing this yet???? These guys have to start looking at shooting first.

2. Sure, the ref isn't great but Canada can't put themselves in a situation of getting called. They constantly are putting themselves in a poor position or crosschecking guys. They've got to learn what they can get away with and what they can't......AND FAST!!! These stupid mistakes are going to cost them dearly against Russia, the US and the Czechs. Either the refs aren't being scouted properly or the players aren't listening. Someone has been dropping the ball. I don't care what Macguire says but the officiating has been consistently pathetic both ways. Its not like canada is at a disadvantage.

3. I'm not too happy about this team's hockey sense. Players are not in the proper position many times. This is costing them offensive chances.
Gotta agree.their hockey sense is lacking.Funny,it was'nt against Finland though.

Zetterberg4Captain*

SCORES!!!!!! 2-0 now. Nice work by Boyd and Bolland in front of the net. The goal was scored by Bolland

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Aaron Vickers said:
Garbage goal for Bolland on the PP.

2-0 Canada.

This is the type of play these guys need to do ALL THE TIME!! Garbage goal or not, driving to the net and putting the puck on goal is how this team will win.

Excellent job, they need more of this. Canada is not going to be able to outskill some teams and this is the type of hard work play they need.

Way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad