GDT: WJC: Germany vs Czech Republic | Dec 27th | 7PM

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Czechs were undermanned, but I'm glad Germany can come in here and win games against better developed nations. They're structured well, they're getting good goaltending, they have skill guys.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Kulich was the best Czech forward today, looked more motivated than any other guy up front. Novak is so frustrating to watch, because he can be so much better. He pops here and there but than goes quiet, than boom one timer goal. Reminds me of Chromiak. Are both suspended Dman back for the next game?

Reactions: Czechboy

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Tough for the Czechs without Jiricek. They could have still won with better defensive structure. Obviously it is juniors so very exciting, but Czechs strategy was helpful to the Germans.

Germany appears to be better than Austria. I am impressed at Germany’s depth, but the struggle for new hockey countries is consistently creating good teams that can make QF

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
It was a great shot but he looked confused on the play.
Yeah he definitely didn't play it correctly..he stopped hugging the post and dropped down.I think he might have been expecting a wraparound attempt

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Kulich was the best Czech forward today, looked more motivated than any other guy up front. Novak is so frustrating to watch, because he can be so much better. He pops here and there but than goes quiet, than boom one timer goal. Reminds me of Chromiak. Are both suspended Dman back for the next game?
Yup and krutil is quite good.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Doubt we would have won if Jiricek didn’t get injured. Suspension’s to two other blueliners for Czechia didn’t help them much either.
Perfect storm for Germany to pull off the win.

Great game, was a toss of a coin.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Despite what the Czech TV commentators are saying, it was quite a good hockey game. Bednar made a terrible mistake on the GWG but I would not blame him for the result. When you have 40 shots, you simply must score more than just one goal on a lucky deflection. I was missing creativity from Czech defensemen tonight, they were too passive on the offensive blue. It is difficult for the forwards when they have to play everything down low by themselves. Hopefully Krutil can bring some confidence to the D core.

The Germans have proven once again they are not bad at all. Both teams had equal chances to win at the end. It was a very close game, all about one lucky shot / goalie mistake.

Petskuta

May 15, 2011
Germans have had some point Blank chances. Certainly not shooting Blanks.

I'll see myself out.

I'd like to believe our guy checked out HFBoards during the intermission, my sad jokes boosted him and he went on to score the winner.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
No, so what to write. Another shame, another disappointment. The team is weak in attack, there is not a single player who would be interested. We are not able to keep the puck due to the combination, we are weak in the puck, we are weak in everything. There is no point in lying. The best player is Svozil, who again caused the goal. Czech hockey is experiencing another bottom, I thought the worst was 10 years ago, but this is comparable.

Well, back then we could barely keep up with Canada and others in terms of skating and stickhandling at speed. I've been watching since 2008. Those things have definitely improved since then but the end result is still the same. We need to produce more game breaking players if we want to medal again.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hell of a game from Bugl. Tough loss for the Czechs, Mysak needed to bury one of his chances. Great game overall, Svozil plays like a full on rover, takes a lot of talent to do it well.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Doubt we would have won if Jiricek didn’t get injured. Suspension’s to two other blueliners for Czechia didn’t help them much either.
Perfect storm for Germany to pull off the win.

Great game, was a toss of a coin.
Jiricek back would help but so would reichel, peterka and stutzl. German was missing more than we were.

Deserved win... Very clean game. Zero complaints.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
No, so what to write. Another shame, another disappointment. The team is weak in attack, there is not a single player who would be interested. We are not able to keep the puck due to the combination, we are weak in the puck, we are weak in everything. There is no point in lying. The best player is Svozil, who again caused the goal. Czech hockey is experiencing another bottom, I thought the worst was 10 years ago, but this is comparable.

Next year the Czechs still have Svozil and Jiricek. If they each take another step it will be a harder team to match up with. I don't know the forward prospects but I'm sure it won't be any loss giving up this group of 19 year old forwards.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Well, back then we could barely keep up with Canada and others in terms of skating and stickhandling at speed. I've been watching since 2008. Those things have definitely improved since then but the end result is still the same. We need to produce more game breaking players if we want to medal again.

Yeah, 2009-2012 (cca) were much worse years. Also, we shouldn't forget that hockey in Germany is on rise. This team Germany is definitely no underdog, they have shown vs. Finland already that they are capable of playing good hockey.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Missed the game travelling home from visiting family for Christmas.

How did Munzenberger look tonight?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It's a huge difference from top teams. With all due respect to the German team, we just have to beat such a strong team. But we didn't even have a permanent advantage when our forging waned, we were suddenly unable to stay in the offensive third. For me, all the attackers, from Myšák and Novák, are a huge disappointment. What does the renumbering look like in our submission? Yesterday with Canada, Malát made such a pass that he set up a counterattack by his opponent, who equalized to 3: 3, today Chlubna leaves the puck behind, the poor quality is striking. I knew that we would have two bad attacks, but that they were not able to show something extra in the first two is a huge disappointment.
I don't want to think if the Germans had a complete team, a loss of three goals would be absolutely real.
What now? Pray that the two defenders will give us at least a little confidence when we lost him after Jiříček's injury. But it just would happen here that a miracle would happen for us to play something.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
It's a huge difference from top teams. With all due respect to the German team, we just have to beat such a strong team. But we didn't even have a permanent advantage when our forging waned, we were suddenly unable to stay in the offensive third. For me, all the attackers, from Myšák and Novák, are a huge disappointment. What does the renumbering look like in our submission? Yesterday with Canada, Malát made such a pass that he set up a counterattack by his opponent, who equalized to 3: 3, today Chlubna leaves the puck behind, the poor quality is striking. I knew that we would have two bad attacks, but that they were not able to show something extra in the first two is a huge disappointment.
I don't want to think if the Germans had a complete team, a loss of three goals would be absolutely real.
What now? Pray that the two defenders will give us at least a little confidence when we lost him after Jiříček's injury. But it just would happen here that a miracle would happen for us to play something.

This forward group really isn't that strong. I did like kulich though and ivan ivan wasn't bad. But there's just a lack of finish compared to when we had players like Zadina, Vrana or even Frk.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Next year the Czechs still have Svozil and Jiricek. If they each take another step it will be a harder team to match up with. I don't know the forward prospects but I'm sure it won't be any loss giving up this group of 19 year old forwards.
All I ask for next year is that Marcel Marcel makes the team.

Tsn will have a field day with that.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Was his usual borderline elite defensively self. Had an assist on the first goal and probably played close to 25mins, felt like he was out every other shift.

He’s such a good player at this level.

Won’t make the All Tournament team with Edvinsson and Power taking those spots most likely, but Munzenberger is an awesome player.

I loved his game last game I’m assuming it was much of the same this game.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
...And it's any different now?

Czech prospects might be objectively better than they were in the past, but that applies to every other nation. The results are godawful, I refuse to believe there has been a worse season than this one when it comes to the Czech national teams, all age groups combined. The sport is borderline unwatchable for a Czech fan at this point.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
...And it's any different now?

Czech prospects might be objectively better than they were in the past, but that applies to every other nation. The results are godawful, I refuse to believe there has been a worse season than this one when it comes to the Czech national teams, all age groups combined. The sport is borderline unwatchable for a Czech fan at this point.
Every so often our Czech ladies play Hungary and win!

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
But to find at least something solid, the defense plays well and if there are two more players available, it's at least one bright spot at the moment.

Reactions: Swipes

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
But to find at least something solid, the defense plays well and if there are two more players available, it's at least one bright spot at the moment.
Our last 3 teams should produce at least 3 NHL Dmen.. minimum. That's basically more than the last decade!

Svozil, Jiricek, Krutil, Kral, Has, Kubicek, Spacek, Moravec, Zabransky, Galvas

Good chance 3 of these guys make it..

Reactions: Goodman68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad