GER.jpg

full

Czech Republic
Confirmed Tournament Roster

CZE.jpg

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Me too. I don’t expect him today. But I would love him for the Finland game. If not that, than I hope he’s not in too much pain and can recover quickly for the rest of his clubs season

Reactions: Czechboy

Babula

May 31, 2012
Malek or Bednar is projecting to be starting Goalie for the Czechs tonight ?

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Malek or Bednar is projecting to be starting Goalie for the Czechs tonight ?[/QUOTEEven

Even before the match with Canada, the Czechs announced that Malek would be catching against Canada and Bednar against Germany.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
The Czechs will win here, primarily due to the depth of the roster. But Germany is bothering, as Finland was yesterday. Yesterday, Germany did not have support from the defense, especially in powerplay.

Czechia - Germany 4:1

Babula

May 31, 2012
this one could be a trap game for Cze as some of them been in a recent history.

Last edited:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I think this will be a closer game than it would be if Jiricek was playing (if he does indeed not play). The Germans were really good yesterday and may give some headaches on the forecheck. Czech offense is just too strong

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Malek or Bednar is projecting to be starting Goalie for the Czechs tonight ?
It's Bednar.

That was predetermined before yesterdays game. Mlejnek (coach) split them for the first 2. I think (my own opinion) that Bednar is stronger and he purposely wanted him rested for this game because this game is must win for us.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Me too. I don’t expect him today. But I would love him for the Finland game. If not that, than I hope he’s not in too much pain and can recover quickly for the rest of his clubs season
If you think about our past history of best player hurt... Jenik and Lauko still haven't cracked the NHL. Those year long injuries when you are 19 can wreak some havoc on your career path.

So I agree the more important thing would be to get him healthy, send him to Olympics and then the World's as well. Keep his stock high, quick recovery and on an NHL path sooner than later.

My worst fear is ACL like Zboril and out a year. Hajek had this happen to him too. So did Kempny. I think Simek did too.lol

We struggle to find good Czech D and the best of them get hurt.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh yeah, I think we win 2-1 in a very close game.

I really liked our second line with Brabanec/Kulich/Gut so I expect a goal from them and Mysak is due!

I'm assuming German strategy is to play us tight and close and counter attack.

hopefully we don't take 300 penalties in the 2nd today.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Jiricek flies home tomorrow.

Hradek suspended for his BEYOND STUPID cross check in period 2.. it cost us a goal and now he can't play today. Not sure who taught him to cross check people after a whistle in front of 3 refs. You do that shit when they're not looking.lol

Krutil suspended from last year - also a dummy move!

So we only have 5 D

Our strongest poisition is now in trouble. On the other hand.. I'm expecting a massive game from Svozil now!

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I wouldn’t be surprised if this ended up being a higher scoring game. 6-4, 7-4, 6-3 or something like that for the Czechs. Czech dman are gonna be gassed, not only because there is only 5 of them but also because they just played Canada.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
James Duthie - Czechoslovakia had a 20 game win streak over Germany here but now Germany has a 2 game win streak against Czechoslovakia...

I'm assuming he is referring to a win over the Czechs 2 years ago and a win over the Slovaks recently.

Seriously!!???

is it that hard for people to not see the difference between our 2 nations? Use Czechoslovakia results in 2022? Am I the only one that knows the difference between Hossa and Jagr?lol And I say this loving my Slovaks and hoping they win later. It's 2022!

To keep it simple.. they currently have the better prospects and nicer jerseys!

Reactions: kudla and Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad