GDT: WJC: Finland Vs Germany | December 26th @ 12:00PM MT

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Very even game, I think many came to watch Kemell and Lambert reminded us that he's still a top prospect even if he's out of the top5 conversation.

Reactions: wetcoast

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This was actually quite an entertaining game. Germany was playing pretty solid. The Finns deserved to win but it was anything but one-sided.

Reactions: bbfan419

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I've actually thought the same.. you get these guys who skate like NHLers and 16 and they look like they'll light the world on fire. Then they get to the NHL and everyone is that fast.. so they need more than just blinding speed. Not saying this will happen to him but I've definitely seen it before.
He has elite hands and very good playmaking on top of that. He hasn't progressed quite as hoped, but the way his play is scrutinized is sometimes way over the top. If he was a relatively unknown draft eligible, he would be unanimously praised after today's effort.

Reactions: Czechboy

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Decent game, thought the Germans played pretty well overall. Lost to a more talented team, but the Germans had some good chances to tie it before it became 3-1. Big save and defensive play leads to a goal the other way.

Munzenberger player of the game for Germany. Lambert player of the game Suomi.

Russia v Sweden next should be a good one.
Can't wait for that one.

Reactions: snipes

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Hirvonen didn't play in the last 10 minutes and wasn't on the ice at the end of the game, did anybody see what happened?

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Was an alright game for a neutral. Expected a bit more from Finland. It was a good effort by Germany.
Finland doesn't have the offense they've had the last few years. If they're going to medal they need to play low event, quiet hockey.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
The Germans had a couple more guys who could create offense and this game could have been won by them IMO.

If the Finns played like this, the Germans probably win with Reichel and Peterka. However preparation, intensity and effort changes when the lineup you are facing changes.

Reactions: jj cale
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I really enjoy the banter between Ray & Gord. It feels like I’m watching the game with a couple of buddies. Neither take themselves too seriously yet they’re very competent.

I mean, they are the best hockey announcing duo in the world (maybe even any sport), and have been for at least the last 5 years.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Finland doesn't have the offense they've had the last few years. If they're going to medal they need to play low event, quiet hockey.
Well, Finland always starts off poorly. They always reach their peak in the play offs.

Attachments

• upload_2021-12-26_22-33-59.png
    upload_2021-12-26_22-33-59.png
    312 bytes · Views: 9

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Should be noted that Meralainen was excellent today. Finns have one hell of a back stopper there.

I’m proud of how well Germany played. It was a close game and it came down to a couple bounces.

Agreed. The Finnish goaltender made some huge saves, the Germans could have easily tied it a couple of times if not for some big saves and defensive efforts Helenius preventing that tap in goal.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Germany looks like a very a hardworking solid team but where is the offense going to come from?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Mediocre team ( Finland ) wins with mediocre game.
Positives tonight's game
- Leevi Meriläinen
- Samuel Helenius 2+0
- Brad Lambert 0+2
- 3 Point win
- OK penalty killing ( only 1 goal )

Negatives
- Powerplay 4 attempts 0 goals no rebounds no one-timers absolutely nothing
- 4 Idiotic penalties

When it was this difficult vs Germany how difficult it'll be tomorrow vs Austria.
Not good game and a lot improvements are needed if this team wants to win a medal

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
We (Finland) need a hypnotizer to hypnotize 1-2 top forwards into believing that they are be huge goal scorers. It seems like ok team, i wouldnt say bad at all, but doesn't have the star players being big enough stars to wrap some goals every game no matter what.

The PP needs to pass to Kemmel tho. How can he score if its like that, the Ds are too hasty and hungry to shoot themself crappy shots when its not time for that. Kemmel had one chance to shoot onetimer and it wouldve been a goal without the good skate block by german D.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Elias, Samanski, Blank, Volek, Barzecki are probably the most likely options.

They all look like solid hardworking guys but seem to lack creativity but maybe the Germans were spoiled last year and there will be a lull in elite offensive talent.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Mediocre team ( Finland ) wins with mediocre game.
Positives tonight's game
- Leevi Meriläinen
- Brad Lambert 1+1
- 3 Point win
- OK penalty killing ( only 1 goal )

Negatives
- Powerplay 4 attempts 0 goals no rebounds no one-timers absolutely nothing
- 4 Idiotic penalties

When it was this difficult vs Germany how difficult it'll be tomorrow vs Austria.
Not good game and a lot improvements are needed if this team wants to win a medal

0+2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad