GDT: WJC: Finland Vs Germany | December 26th @ 12:00PM MT

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Fin-V-Ger.jpg

*Time listed aboved is NZDT.... did it really have to show it local time?

full

Finland
Confirmed Tournament Roster

FIN.jpg

full

Germany
Confirmed Tournament Roster

GER.jpg

Do not ask for or provide links to ANY illegal streams

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Losing Räty is a bummer (not least for Räty himself) but Germany missing Stutzle, Reichel and Peterka means this should not be an upset. 5-2 Finland, let's enjoy some primetime hockey!

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
2-1 win for Germany.

I will miss Aatu Räty, probably Tuomaala and Nyman as well and some others. Not the strongest Finnish roster lately.
Well, well, I wish the guys a successful tournament. Tsemppiä pikkuleijonat!

king89

Dec 4, 2018
2-1 win for Germany.

I will miss Aatu Räty, probably Tuomaala and Nyman as well and some others. Not the strongest Finnish roster lately.
You don't think you are overreacting a tad? ;)

Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
You don't think you are overreacting a tad? ;)

Perhaps ;) I don't wanna get my hopes up and be so disappointed because I love the leijonat and the WJC´s. But yeah, I do believe this is a weaker roster than we've got accustomed to for the last 8 years or so.
Let's see what Pennanen can get out of these guys in a smaller rink as well. I do believe we are behind the other big four this year, on paper that is. Slovakia and Czech Republic are probably closer as well. At the end of they day? I´m not that optimistic but I will still cheer for them in every game and follow them with passion.

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
2-1 win for Germany.

If Germany had Peterka, Reichel and Hänelt then I could see some serious upset potential from Germany but alas, we don’t so I dont expect much out of Germany today.

Reactions: illone84

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Hope if for a Finnish blowout here. While they have been traditional slow starters I think the lack of pre tournament games will mean a lot of defensive mistakes. 6-1 Finland

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Not one for predictions but it's easy to see 8-0 Finland. Just don't see where the offense will come from for Germany.

Reactions: KahunWOW

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
If Germany had Peterka, Reichel and Hänelt then I could see some serious upset potential from Germany but alas, we don’t so I dont expect much out of Germany today.

I loved Peterkas game last WJC´s but... I do believe Aatu Räty would have been just as important for Team Finland. The summer showcase and his efforts for Jukurit shows just that. But yeah, I guess you don't have the same depth and in that way it hits you a bit harder perhaps. Even if Finland will miss Aatu just as much against Canada and other big boys as you guys miss Peterka etc against us. Because this years Finland isn't that strong forwards wise, not on paper at least.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I loved Peterkas game last WJC´s but... I do believe Aatu Räty would have been just as important for Team Finland. The summer showcase and his efforts for Jukurit shows just that. But yeah, I guess you don't have the same depth and in that way it hits you a bit harder perhaps. Even if Finland will miss Aatu just as much against Canada and other big boys as you guys miss Peterka etc against us. Because this years Finland isn't that strong forwards wise, not on paper at least.
I think i would throw out the paper.. Finland will compete for a medal.

Reactions: Svedu

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Even Lutz would’ve helped as a secondary scoring option. Germans have the goalie to keep them in games against big dogs, they will need to be very organized defensively. Looking forward to see what Blank can do up front

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad