GDT: WJC 2023

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wonder if Kemell even thought about going to Regina? That would have been so much fun, Bedard and Kemell together... glimpse of the future. :D

Regina picked him ahead of Suzdalev, anyway.... even though the latter is doing great there also, I would assume if they could have gotten Kemell instead then they wouldn't have signed Suzdalev, although who knows. :dunno:

And then if we could convince him to go to Regina next year... well, it'll be too late (at least, I imagine Regina won't be much good without Bedard, although I don't follow that league). So it's even less likely of an option. Milwaukee would take over instead.

He might have had "legendary" sniping numbers playing wing with Bedard, as opposed to the reporting on him thus far from JYP being somewhat discouraging.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Preds can’t probably borrow Bedard’s face for direct marketing of the 2023 Draft but maybe they could get a media minion or two to at least cover the WJC?

Bedard just had a 7-pt game and he’s the marquee draw for our event in June. They should try to fire up at least some hype? :dunno:

(Watch them do that and Tanky Hawks get him or something. :facepalm: )

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Bedard has 14 pts in 3 games now. At the top tournament for players who are actually a year or two older than he is. :oops: (Granted, a couple games against really weak teams, but... other players have that opportunity likewise).

I was thinking he wasn't really a "generational" kind of prospect... a good one, but smallish and maybe more like one of the lower-end 1st overall types of guys? Is he really THAT special? :dunno:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Bedard has 14 pts in 3 games now. At the top tournament for players who are actually a year or two older than he is. :oops: (Granted, a couple games against really weak teams, but... other players have that opportunity likewise).

I was thinking he wasn't really a "generational" kind of prospect... a good one, but smallish and maybe more like one of the lower-end 1st overall types of guys? Is he really THAT special? :dunno:
Probably the best prospect since McDavid if im looking at everything right. Guy looks to be legit.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

Let's see when he plays against some real teams. Only 1G against Czechia.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Not that Bedard won’t be really good but wasn’t Laffreniere the best prospect since McDavid too?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Starting to remind me of Tolvanen highlights when we first started seeing him.
I think what separates Kemell from Tolvanen is that he's much more active in all areas of the ice. Like, you notice him a lot more during the game than Tolvanen. But yeah, that shot is quite similar although I'd say Kemell's one is even better than Tolvanen's.

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
Interviewing him during intermission. English is not his strong suit but playing is so I am good with that!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well that was a somewhat brief and non-illustrious WJC for Kemell overall. If he had scored that late goal, well, it would have been interesting to see where things would go next, but generally speaking this Finnish team didn't seem to have its usual magic... maybe the opposite given the late meltdown to get eliminated today. :(

I wouldn't have expected too much more from him, mind you. Just it's a bit of a letdown relative to his last U18 and U20 showings. But on the bright side, he gets another kick at the can next year! 3 WJCs is something not everybody manages.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Hah oh baby

Ok I have no idea what is going on but TSN has deleted their tweet of the amazing Bedard goal.

Let’s try this again:

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
He skated through the entire team ... and finished ... goalie left making a snow angel. :popcorn:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Disappointing finish for Kemell and Team Finland. Kemell finished the tournament with 4 points in 5 games, but I think neither him nor Team Finland ever got to the level they wanted and on top of that they screwed up a 2-1 game in the regulation to close out the tournament.

Ufko with a dominating performance last night against Germany. 5 primary assists to send Team USA to Semi-Finals against Canada.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It's nuts they can have 11-1 and 9-1 games in the quarter finals. Granted Russia absent, but still.

Too bad they didn't play right away again today, Canada might be a little worn out from shooting so much. Crazy also they get to an OT game with a 57-27 edge in shots. It sure seems like if USA has a checking line that could stymie Bedard, that could work as he seems to provide most of Canada's offense. :dunno:

Matier got 3 shifts as the 7th D for Canada.

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
I would gladly take an 0-82 season if it meant he would be in a Preds uniform next year- LOL
Not with the current front office/managerial team. They would relegate him to a fourth line grinder and break his soul.

These idiots couldn't pour pee out of a boot with directions written on the heel without screwing it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad