Prospect Info: With the 21st Overall Pick the Rangers Select Filip Chytil

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
So, I was playing Eastside Hockey Manager, and a few seasons in, Chytil does this. Thought it would be fun to share.

eriTvNR.png

All I want to know is how did we reacquire Stepan?

STHLM

Jun 30, 2017
Stockholm
Just for the record, Chytil inpressed at the scrimmages with three goals and got lots of praise by his teammates.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Just for the record, Chytil inpressed at the scrimmages with three goals and got lots of praise by his teammates.

A 17-year old who already played pro-hockey (Lias as well) is a good prospect to have. He needs a few years but I love this pick at 21. I can't wait to go see him in Zlin

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The site ditching Hockey's Future other than the board makes me pine for the time when there were good editorials. When we were writing for this site (well, more you than me), the site actually allowed for opinion pieces and not some standardized norm. It was a great site for a while. The take-over of the site killed it.

I always got where they were trying to go with things, but they didn't have the vision of the personnel to pull it off. The result was a slow bleed out that made the site itself almost an afterthought --- which is unfortunate because there were a lot of talented writers that were handcuffed.

The thing I always found most ironic was that while other sites were moving towards more of an edgy, opinionated approach to sports coverage, HF was trying to go back in time in an effort to "legitimize" itself and mimic a style what was being abandoned by emerging sports coverage. Certainly there should be consistent standards, and you can't just have people writing works of fiction, but they blew the whole thing up instead of trying to improve and build upon what they had in place.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I always got where they were trying to go with things, but they didn't have the vision of the personnel to pull it off. The result was a slow bleed out that made the site itself almost an afterthought --- which is unfortunate because there were a lot of talented writers that were handcuffed.

The thing I always found most ironic was that while other sites were moving towards more of an edgy, opinionated approach to sports coverage, HF was trying to go back in time in an effort to "legitimize" itself and mimic a style what was being abandoned by emerging sports coverage. Certainly there should be consistent standards, and you can't just have people writing works of fiction, but they blew the whole thing up instead of trying to improve and build upon what they had in place.

It just really sucked to see something I loved and worked for slowly die like that. The laughable way that they fired everyone still pisses me off.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Ironically enough, I started to get the itch to do some follow-up pieces when the site closed down.

Even went as far as to send an email to Stefan Cherneski to see if he wanted to participate.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Ironically enough, I started to get the itch to do some follow-up pieces when the site closed down.

Even went as far as to send an email to Stefan Cherneski to see if he wanted to participate.

:(

He and Blackburn where my two favourite Ranger prospects. I sure can pick 'em...

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
:(

He and Blackburn where my two favourite Ranger prospects. I sure can pick 'em...

I'd be hard pressed to find an NHL organization that lost more first round picks to injuries or worse over the last 20 years, which says nothing about other promising young prospects.

I've only half joked that someone sold their soul for that cup in 1994 and we're still paying off the terms of the deal.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
FWIW, my friends dad officiated the 4th scrimmage at the prospect camp, and said Chytil was handily the best player on the ice.

I know the term gets thrown around pretty regularly here, but if our 17 year old first round pick is skating circles around our other prospects, some of which are in their mid 20s, I find it difficult to call this guy "raw". Maybe he needs to fill out physically, but he's been playing against men and his skills are already quite refined. When I think of raw, I think of McIlrath at 18 - just a massive kid who had a limited understanding of his reach and skating ability.

Either way interesting to hear. He reffed the Isles scrimmage on Saturday and said Ho Sang was unbelievable, while Dal Colle was bad.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I can see him being our top prospect as soon as next summer, he just might be that 1C capable player we've been searching for. He seems so mature for his age, so eager to take on the next challenge, I'm really excited for this pick!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
FWIW, my friends dad officiated the 4th scrimmage at the prospect camp, and said Chytil was handily the best player on the ice.

I know the term gets thrown around pretty regularly here, but if our 17 year old first round pick is skating circles around our other prospects, some of which are in their mid 20s, I find it difficult to call this guy "raw". Maybe he needs to fill out physically, but he's been playing against men and his skills are already quite refined. When I think of raw, I think of McIlrath at 18 - just a massive kid who had a limited understanding of his reach and skating ability.

Either way interesting to hear. He reffed the Isles scrimmage on Saturday and said Ho Sang was unbelievable, while Dal Colle was bad.

Prospect scrimmages are kinda weird I think. Not all of the guys have been skating much, no one's really in season game shape, etc. Also he may be able to dominate in a prospect scrimmage but could still be raw in terms of being able to apply his skills against serious competition and olders players

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I am confident that between Chytil and Andersson we have a 1st liner

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Prospect scrimmages are kinda weird I think. Not all of the guys have been skating much, no one's really in season game shape, etc. Also he may be able to dominate in a prospect scrimmage but could still be raw in terms of being able to apply his skills against serious competition and olders players

he was the youngest kid there....and all of those guys have been skating, trust me

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Are the Czechs playing in any camp tournament later this month? Plymouth,Michigan is the big junior tournament with the U.S.,Canada,Sweden and Finland. July 29-August 5. That's a great spot for summer hockey. Thumbs up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad