nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ranked #28 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #64 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #70 by Future Considerations
Ranked #42 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #11 by NHL Central Scouting (EU Skaters)
Ranked #31 by TSN/McKenzie

FWIW, if anything.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is another player I liked. Didn't have him in my first two rounds a month ago, this guy was a big time late riser. Had him 26 in my final rankings.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
ESPN Insider:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/sto...top-100-draft-prospect-rankings-players-21-40

31. Filip Chytil, C, Zlin (Czech)
DOB: 9/05/99 | Ht: 6' 0.5" | Wt: 178
2016-17 stats: 38 GP | 4 G | 4 A

Chytil was a regular in the top Czech league as a bottom-six forward for his team, despite being one of the youngest players eligible for the 2017 draft. It was hard for me to get a read on Chytil this season. On the one hand, I see a player with a fair amount of talent. On the other, I never saw him take over a game when playing against his age group, and he was often the best player on the second-best line more than being a game-changer. Chytil is an impressive skater who can be tough to check when he's coming through the neutral zone with speed. His stick skills are above average, and I watched him create chances out of nothing. He moves the puck around fine and is creative offensively. Off the puck, I'd like to see more from him in terms of grit and awareness.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So we went with two guys playing in men's leagues at a young age. I wonder if that was a theme and time-to-NHL was a consideration.

These picks remind me of the JT Miller pick in a weak 2011 draft. Team went for likelihood of NHLer over the highest upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad